Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
After a couple months of periodic checking, I can't track down a mysterious noise coming from my front drivers side suspension. It only happens when I hit a pothole or maybe larger bump..and its a very metallic metal on metal noise, but very high pitched..like not big metal on metal clunk..Its very difficult to describe..and I can not duplicate it by jumping up and down on my bumper. Any guesses on what It could be? Ive been at school, so with only a small gravel alley way its hard to get a could look at it.
Any help is appreciated! thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Check your sheet metal bolts, fenders, hood, bumper etc.
Sounds like a noise I had a while back, was a loose fender bolt

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,097 Posts
Ahhhhh ...... that sound. Brings back memories of it Driving me nuts.

My experience was the washer that sits under the coil spring nut. You can stick your Finger in there and see if it spins. If it does, you've found it. Tighten the nut up. And seeing that you have leveling springs. .....I bet that's it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhhh ...... that sound. Brings back memories of it Driving me nuts.

My experience was the washer that sits under the coil spring nut. You can stick your Finger in there and see if it spins. If it does, you've found it. Tighten the nut up. And seeing that you have leveling springs. .....I bet that's it.
Im guessing you just hit the nail on the head, I will check that once I get done with my final today! And no, none of my shocks should be blown as I just replaced them all with the jeffs bronco graveyard ones..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is that washer, I will have to tighten it down once I get home next week, as I don't have the proper jack stands or work space here, Thanks again guys! would of never even thought about checking that!

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,097 Posts
It is that washer, I will have to tighten it down once I get home next week, as I don't have the proper jack stands or work space here, Thanks again guys! would of never even thought about checking that!
It took me at least a year to find that noise. ....tink tink tink. .....drove me absolutely nuts!

Glad to help :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
ive recently had a noise like that. Last time i got it up on the lift I checked it out and found my front sway bar bushings were all cracked and dry rotted and falling apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts