Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 11.5 or 12.5 tires fit on the 10.5 rims I already have?

·
ford freak
731 Posts
I have 11.5 tires on 10" wide rims and the tire is almost flat across the face of it. not a good look in my opinion.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 11.5 tires on 10" wide rims and the tire is almost flat across the face of it. not a good look in my opinion.
Flat across the face of it? As in the rim edge is even with the sidewall?

·
ford freak
731 Posts
just about. theres the rim protector and then i have maybe 1" of bulge across the face of them. tires are 32x11.5r15 bfg all terrains.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I have 10.5" wide tires on 10" wide rims, I wouldnt do it, but they came mounted like that. I havent had any problems with them yet....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, my summer tires are 31x10.5's on what I'm assuming is 10.5 rims. I haven't taken then to a caliper yet. So I'm still unsure. But It might actually be narrower because I have a nice bulge on mine already. I'm just looking for a wider looking stance without having to purchase new rims. I know I can get spaces to budge it out a little bit, but *shrug*

·
Registered
133 Posts
...I'm just looking for a wider looking stance without having to purchase new rims. I know I can get spaces to budge it out a little bit, but *shrug*
DO NOT get wheel spacers. They put way too much extra stress on the axle, and if you do anything other than pavement pounding you WILL break something. And they can't be good at all on pavement anyway.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
IMO, for 10" rims you need 12-14" tires. Anything less than 12" doesnt look right and exposes the outer edge of the rim to getting damaged while wheeling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, you will be able to get the tires on the rims, however you need to go to the website of the tires that you have and look at the specs and approved rim widths.

You (or the shop you go to) can mount just about any 15 tire on a 15 rim, within reason. The problem is that their are approved widths that a tire manufacture will agree too and this is for safety reasons. Go too wide or narrow and the tires bead will not seat properly on the rims beading area of the wheel. So any under or over inflation could easily cause the tires bead to pop off of the beading area under any stress caused by stopping, turning or anything of that nature.

More than likley you have 10's and not 10.5's, the true measure of a rims width is inside to inside which I know is hard to measure with tires on it.

The biggest question for you will be rather or not you like the look that those tires will have on your rims.

·
Registered
273 Posts
On my tracker I had 33X1250s on 8 inch wide rims.. It ended up looking really good and I never had any problems with the beads.. Basically as long as the rim and tire width are close in size, they will work together... (They still do have to be the same diameter though)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts