Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed the othernight after i got home from work an odd sound.

after i shut the motor off i heard an odd clicking sound. something similar to a motor whir and clicking, very low. put steady none the less.
i popped the hood and it got louder. moving around the body it sounded like it was coming from around the injectors/coil area.

i have no idea.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea what it is?
sure would like to know before i get neurotic about it.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
It's the vacuum bleeding off through the EGR valve regulator. See that little doo-hickey with the green and white hard vacuum lines, right next to the ignition coil? Yeah, that's it.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
SigEpBlue said:
It's the vacuum bleeding off through the EGR valve regulator. See that little doo-hickey with the green and white hard vacuum lines, right next to the ignition coil? Yeah, that's it.
Oddly enough, it was the vacuum bleeding off through the EGR control solenoid, with green and black vacuum lines, on my `94. I pulled it and tested it, and it failed. That may explain my EGR codes.

Just a note: If a parts store tells you that they carry EGR control solenoids, they're almost certainly getting it confused with the EGR position sensor. Double-check with them while they're still on the phone.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have been having all sorts of problems very recently, went and had a basic plug in diagnostic done and everything egr seems bad. i am also having something screwed up happening with the e4od. seems like its slipping now. a year and a half after the rebuild. i would like to take it back to them, but i am 1400 miles away now. so that aint happening.
egr is going to have to wait until i figure out whats happening with the tranny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts