Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Facts: I'm a newb AND I have checked search and posted before. I'm not being lazy. I had to drop my 96 Bronco at the shop this morning because everything I tried failed. Checked the fuses, replaced #18. I have a feeling this shop is going to try to screw me ... I'm a girl and so they probably think I'm a dumb ass. And I'm NOT. Man I need an auto-shop class right about now. Is there anything else I could have missed??

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
I'm not sure what is the problem here? What is it that's not working?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re: Sorry Smooth

Sorry SMOOTH! Everything in my Subject line just stopped working.

The Odometer, Trip Odometer and Speedometer stopped working and it's hard shifting at 3RPM's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, I didn't notice. It's such a small light on my shifter I barely notice it at all and live in a city ... so there isn't much off roading :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Problem

I just had the same problem, with my 95. It turned out to be the ABS module. Since the bronco is computer driven the module caused all the other problems.
I changed the rear speed sensor since that was one of the codes that came up, no change
It was not until the AMS module was changed and all the other problems corrected after that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
problem

I am a female as well and have done months of checking on this problem since I had the same thing happen to my 95.
Let me know what the shop tells you.

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
check the vss(the electrical looking thing) on the rear diff. If you have a repair manual it will explain how to check your abs with an analog volt meter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey i just got the same problem my 93 bronco the odometer -speedometer-was not working,my abs ligth was on .so i changed the abs sensor .fuses , and i checked the connectors
and nothing . so i took my truck to the dealer : they changed the control module and everything was fine. i drove my truck for about 900 miles then my speedometer- odometer and abs ligth went on again, this time i had to changed a fuse to make it work again.the mechanic from the dealer told me probably i have a short on my wiring i did't have time to take o look.:shrug

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
re: thanks bronka

Thanks for replying. I'm waiting to hear back. He called me yesterday and said that they checked everything and it's something in the wiring and that the guys are going to have to take more time to go through all the circuitry. Yikes.
:confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KICKING MYSELF!!!1

OK. So this is a major vent. :mad: :mad: :mad:
My Odom/Trip Odom/Speedo went OUT. I asked about it here, replaced fuses etc. Hard shifting at 3RPMs. Everyone was so helpful. About two weeks ago my rearview mirror dropped off the adhesive and has been hanging. Figured I'd fix it when I got to it - even bought the special glue. The mirror being lose like that PULLED A FREAKIN WIRE and snapped it ... since the wire runs through the rest of the power it caused that outage. So the guy just spent 4 hours looking for a needle in a haystack. $200 later the Bronco is better.

HOW RIDICULOUS .... and it just goes to show me as a darn noobie ... how sensitive even a FSB like mine can be.

:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts