Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know?
Is there somewhere where this sorta stuff is documented?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
25,815 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AS always, you are the king of documentation!:notworthy
To recap what Steve said, although the body styles are different, the newer (type 2 and 3) carriers will fit an older (type 1) application.... Right?
yo

Here ya go;

Swing-Away, Type 1 (78-86); "...Brackets have sharply angled straight corners to match the older body. 87-96 have smoother curves..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/463906

Documented? yep, Steve did so as you can see; Plus see my site @ Carrier; Inside Mount & Swing-Away

for more Links to
OEM and custom carriers

GL

·
Super Moderator
25,815 Posts
yo,
Yeah, somehow I overwrote my affirmative on that... well, not "somehow" it's because of my LOUSY COMCAST CABLE connection!
They just won't admit that their cables and boxes need replacement due to lousy installs along the Pines and swamps here.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha, thanks!
I feel ya on the internet connection - my little bro only gets 30 Kb/s, which means we can't game with each other...

·
Super Moderator
25,815 Posts
yw pal.

CC tekkies ahve been at our home about 4 times in past month,,, all recent visits have shown intermittents in sgnals from lines outside of home. All prev visits resulted in "you probably have a virus"
I did use an great on-line Connection test; will find the URL tomorrow; your bro can use it to diagnose conn and then give it to his provider.

I showed mine to last tekkies but none could understand it and none would take it back to their supervision....lol

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had a problem a while back where our outside connection would drop and the router would freak out, completely randomly. Many, many visits with their top tier support techs could not fix it. Up till I figured it out, they blamed the internal house wiring. Fixed that, then they blamed the line from the tele pole to the house. Fixed THAT, then they blamed the lines from the junction down the street to the pole. They seem to take the "throw parts at it" tack rather than the "diagnose the goddamn thing" method.
Turns out my comp in the shop (hardwired to the router via Cat5) was causing a ground issue from the shop to bleed through via Cat5over to the router in the house. Got four months free internet outta it!
At worst I suggest calling up their customer service dept (not tech support) and complaining, might get some customer-retention love out of it.
And for the test, I'm guessing you're thinking of speedtest.net - I just been too lazy to the brother's problems. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts