Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so jsut curious, how big of an angle can our broncos handle? Ive been in *to what was to me* some pretty hairy situation where i felt like I was gonna roll, but just exactly what angel can I broncos sit at before they go over sidways?

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Well that would depend on the mods done to each respective vehicle. :shrug Lifted trucks are more top heavy but then again according to the tires they run, it might have a better "foot print" so it depends I guess...

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
when it starts to tip turn into it and give it a little gas.....has worked for me each time unless the two tires front and rear are in the air...then you are screwed if open diffs.

get some pics if ya do a littl erollin action :rockon

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive powerd out of it a few times, but the trails I go on is nothing but a straight up mountain on one side, and straight down on the other side, the trails are bad enough in a jeep let alone the bronco. there really is no place to power out of spots like that and I sure as shit dont want to be backing down a trail like that.

we were following the buckland flats trail 4 days ago, and I told my buddy to go spot me, when he opened the door there was not ground under him.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
OldBlue said:
we were following the buckland flats trail 4 days ago, and I told my buddy to go spot me, when he opened the door there was not ground under him.
Yea thats a little late for a spotter! :p

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blaze said:
Yea thats a little late for a spotter! :p
yeah, he almsot stepped out w/o looking, if he had he would have falled about 30-40 feet. wich would have been funny shit, but I would feel bad afterwards, then I would laugh more... :goodfinger lol

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,615 Posts
Id say it depends on the truck, and the driver. I wanna saya lifted truck is more prone to tippping over, but a lifted truck has a more responsive suspension. Of course, that only lets you get into even hairy-er situations. :toothless So id say Yes, and No.

As for angle, well, i had mine on about a 45° (left to right, not front to back), with all the weight on the rear passenger-side tire. (Front driverside was off the ground). It kinda floated there for a second, teetering between rear right and front left, before settling on the rear right. Thats about the limit left-to-right, (for my truck, anyway) as it did that to me once before too.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
the dunes at pismo are pretty steep and i side hill them all the time, but thats also got a lot to do with speed.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Wise man once say: do not go up something you be 'fraid to come down backwards without power.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
BigNorm said:
Wise man once say: do not go up something you be 'fraid to come down backwards without power.
that happened to me on a real steep bowl at pismo once. no steering, no brakes, no engine. just sliding backwards down the dune going oh shit!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
:histerica
OldBlue said:
yeah, he almsot stepped out w/o looking, if he had he would have falled about 30-40 feet. wich would have been funny shit, but I would feel bad afterwards, then I would laugh more... :goodfinger lol
:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

·
Registered
728 Posts
[/QUOTE]As for angle, well, i had mine on about a 45° (left to right, not front to back), with all the weight on the rear passenger-side tire. (Front driverside was off the ground). It kinda floated there for a second, teetering between rear right and front left, before settling on the rear right. Thats about the limit left-to-right, (for my truck, anyway) as it did that to me once before too.[/QUOTE]

Is that with the 6" lift and 3" body???

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I can't answer your question but I know Series One Land Rovers were good for 45*. However these measurements were obtained by lifting a stationary vehicle up by the wheels on one side.....no driver etc. I did have a Land Rover 110 which had far better side angle ability than a 40 series Landcruiser. It should be noted that the seats need cleaning at about the 30* mark.

I hope this is of some help.

Tim

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
k1w1t1m said:
I can't answer your question but I know Series One Land Rovers were good for 45*. However these measurements were obtained by lifting a stationary vehicle up by the wheels on one side.....no driver etc. I did have a Land Rover 110 which had far better side angle ability than a 40 series Landcruiser. It should be noted that the seats need cleaning at about the 30* mark.

I hope this is of some help.

Tim

rotf. the highest ive had my bronco is about 37-38* and that was not planned at all. infact that left me sitting on the side of a mountain for 2 hours while my buddy found some one with a 3/4 dodge to pull us out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts