Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been wanting to share progress on this with someone and i thought this would be a good place. i started this build 2- 3 years ago after off roading a standard craftsman lt 4000. it was slow and bumpy so i put a klt 200 engine and axle in it and custom fabbed the suspension:rockon. everything was modified. it still looks like a lawnmower but none of the original parts will bolt back on. ive got a ton of pics, dont know if theyll be in order, the most recent one on my computer is the one with me in the blue shirt.more will come as progress continues. im gonna have to do the next post once they finish uploading (yes, theres that many). i beleive the engine to be from a 1983 klt 200A duckster. it needs a carb as the xr 200 carb isnt cutting it. if anyone has one ( i need an electric fuel pump type) that they would like to sell let me know.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Too slow for my taste, just get a 4wheeler, and take the governor off the mower.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too slow for my taste, just get a 4wheeler, and take the governor off the mower.
what do you think the camera guy is riding :p my freind had been riding the mower cause i didnt have anything else for him to ride, i mainly made the suspension cause i didnt want to put a ton of stress on the transaxle and engine from the bumps. i actually had an idea to convert a lawn mower to a 4 wheeler. just replace all the tires with ballon tires, swap the pullys, new steering and handlebars, and hand controls.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
To Phunny. Looks like you could use some weight in the front. If you could only get the thing to cut grass as fast s it can run. :histerica

·
Registered
164 Posts
After reading the post title, I was hoping it would still cut the grass.
Still cool, though. If nothing else, a good exercise in ingenuity and fabrication.

Mike

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone know how i can tune the engine/ carb so they run right? it seems an original carb is going to be hard to get. the carb on it now is an xr 200 carb.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you need someone to tune that thing let me know. I know some guys who would enjoy seeing what that thing can produce.
i just need to know how, it doesnt run well in its current configuration. the modern gas had eaten away the carb bowl gasket and needle seat so it runs but unless you keep it revved really high it just spews gas out the intake. i want to be shure i can get it to run well before i buy replacement parts.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts