Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Off Road lights on stock alternator

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BoulderBronco 
#1 ·
Hey all, i was looking at a couple of off road lights and was wondering if I would have any problem running them off the stock alt? There 130watts. And also has anyone mounted off road lights on there lund visor? I was thinking about this and just wondered if anyone has done this before and if so was it quite easy?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I don't see a problem with a couple lights on a stock alternator. I have 2- 6" lights (not sure of the wattage) and they have no effect on the alt.
Don't think mounting them on a visor is a good idea. If you get on a washboard road or come down hard on the front end you might crack the visor. I would stick to a roof rack or brush guard.

#5 ·
You'll be fine. But I would not mount them to a visor. They are not strong enough. All it is is thin fiberglass and you could easily rip one out if you caught a branch or something. Not to mention I think the weight of the lights may cause the visor to vibrate or come loose. I have seen it before without anything mounted to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.