Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
38,720 Posts
"Fed"eral??? :shrug

This one has a 4-digit DSO & long paint code, but I didn't notice anything on it that looked like it was a government vehicle.

I know the city has at least one, but I've never been able to snap a decent pic or talk to the driver.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
mines a 96. I believe it used to be either state patrol or something to do with department of natural resources. anyways. ive never seen this sticker in the door. ill look tomorrow to see. I picked mine up for 1100 last year. I bought it from a guy who was a private investigator. you can see where the paint is faded from the decals and the residue from the unit numbers on the tailgate. mine had a siren/light bar on the roof. one spot light on the driver side. a hole in the driver side for the cb antenna as well as another antenna on the rear driver side quarter. I don't have the fender well pockets in the cargo area in the rear. I just have some plastic flat boards across. it does have rear armrests and ashtrays though. it did not have a factory center console or seat. I lifted it 4 inches. put 15x10 cragar v-5 wheels on. 33 inch duratracs. triple gauge pillar to cover up the hole form the spot light. tranny temp guage and tach. still need to fill in the third guage hole. built my own center console. red underglow/rock lights underneath. rampage soft top. started a roll cage. custom exhaust. blah blah blah. heres some pics. i only have one good pic where you can really see the faded paint. look for that.

can barely see the unit number on the back but its there.

ill do some lookin tomorrow for the rest of the info.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,008 Posts
Those look like the old USDA Forest Service rigs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought a 1996 Bronco that served as a border patrol rig. I bought it from a friends tow company who bought Ten broncos as a package deal. I had to smash all the lights in the grill, back windows . Etc...I have never destroyed perfectly good equipment before....that was new....The bronco has about 3"lift extended radius arms...and a whole bunch of zip cuffs.....Today its rolling. On 33x12.50 bfgs...

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts

83 DSO code = GOV'T vehicle!

I know it was a retired Police vehicle, but Im not sure what or where it came from!

302EFI

I have rusty plugs sitting right above the pass and Driver's seats where the light bar used to drop in!

Probably just going to put my own Offroad light bar throgh the same holes and get rid of the bondo and plugs to see if I can get rid of any of the rust up there!

·
Banned
38,720 Posts
You know the roof is double-walled, right? Have you looked above the headliner? It looks like someone added the gold 2-tone midbody stripe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yah! When I have time, Ill take a pic of both sides! The headliner is pullede out of mine... There's just the plugs!

And yah that stripe was most likely a bucket of house paint from Home Depot or something... its crappy paint and most likely can be pressure washed off of the side... Just not sure what direction I am going to go yet!

Got the pics up:

In the cab, right above the driver:

What the outside looks like... sure didn't do a very good job with the bondo:

And one on both sides...

Might be a hell of a rust issue in the future, so I kind of want to nip it in the butt while I can!

21 - 40 of 105 Posts