Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,225 Posts
^^^
I'd call that more of a cargo net than a cage.
On further thought, it's probably something (a pet kennel?) added by subsequent private owners. They likely would have removed any caging when decommissioning it from whatever use.

We have very different views on what constitutes netting...

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,360 Posts
Saw this F150 in the JY yesterday. Factory yellow 2wd with a DSO of 16-5053. DSO 16 is Philly. It also had a black interior.

The yellow has a paint code of w6644, which is a similar code to Omaha Orange that the Highway Dept uses. However I'm not having luck finding this yellow.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Tabernacle Rescue Squad in NJ may have one of the oldest, most pristine Bronco still in service today. Check it out (photos courtesy of Tabernacle Rescue Squad's website).

It's a 1986 FSB, Rescue Unit # 4393:
Info on it: Tabernacle Rescue Squad - 4393
#4393 is still in service as of 2019; I see it every now and then, still out and about, looking nearly brand new!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,360 Posts
Saw this yellow f150 in the yards yesterday. Basic model 4x4, with an A-pillar spotlight. No other discerning features. Not sure if it was a highway, railroad, or what vehicle.

Special M6284 paint code

20200213_111609.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have something to contribute and since Ive never been able to find another one, it must’ve been pretty unique.
When I was a kid we had a 1992 Bronco that was an ex Air Force Security Forces truck that my dad bought from a DRMO auction at Vandenberg AFB. It was Strata Blue with grey vinyl interior and roll up windows. It had a 5.0 with an automatic transmission. It had M16 racks inside it, an NMO antenna on the roof and a pushbar. Im sorry I don’t have any better pictures, but back then it was just our junky old truck to me, I would kill to have it today!

Attachments

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,063 Posts
That's one I don't think I've heard yet. Thanks and Welcome to FSB!

·
Addicted to Junk
12,360 Posts
That's one I don't think I've heard yet. Thanks and Welcome to FSB!
Heh, that's true. Though I have seen a 60s econoline pickup with USAF markings on the local CL before.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here is what I found on DSO 89 from a Mustang Forum..

DSO 89 is in fact a vehicle that was built and kept by Ford for it's use until no longer needed and sold off to the general public. Most of these vehicles were used as perks for executives, management and other "important people". They would keep them for months to maybe a year or two until newer models replaced them as they were mixed into the fleet.

Others were used for promotional work and advertising.

The last thing these cars could have been were quality control and crash cars that Ford would test. These were the cars they would drive around on tracks and other proving grounds to see how they held up and also the ones that were outright crashed for safety tests. Basically these cars would have been destroyed so you're chances of having one are remote to nonexistent.

Basically your car would have been an executive or promotional car.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Is your white sport a DSO 89? The sports were a hot vehicle to have back in the day. There was a few with leather dual sun visors I really liked.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,360 Posts
DSO is kinda misrepresented.

DSO means two things:
District Sales Office
Domestic Special Order

As of about 1994, DistrictSalesOffice on the jamb sticker was replaced with RC- Regional Code.

For all but the last two, RC and DSO are the same.

It's a 2 digit code, telling what district ordered the manufacture of said vehicle. Also, there are codes for govt entities, military, export, red cross (!), body companies, etc.

This is off my 85 bronco. DSO is a 2 digit number, 76, representing Denver.

Next is my 96 f350, RC of 53, meaning the Kansas City district ordered it. You'll notice it has an RC and an empty spot for a DSO. Oddly, this was a special order truck, but apparently not special enough to have a DSO.

This is a 93, with a DSO of 48, for the Detroit office. Notice it's not RC yet, and it's not centered over "DSO"

One from DSO 52, Dallas. Odly this was shipped to an outfitter, TD World, and fit with a MAF propane fuel setup. No special code.

And finally, one from the Philadelphia district. This one has a true 6 digit DSO. 16 for Philadelphia, and 5053 is the special order number. This 4 digit number CANNOT be decided by anyone but Ford. This tells any tech working on said truck, what the special options were. It is purely for repair or replacement work.

Some of the special features can be seen, suck as 15x6 wheels, w6644 special yellow paint, black interior, etc. Lol and made in Canada!

Another special order truck, with RC and DSO.

20200213_111611.jpg

Reactions: Joecruiser
101 - 115 of 115 Posts