Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have any.
Everyone that rides me thinks I need them.
Where do I get them?
Any suggestions on Fabing something simple?
They dont need to look good. Just work.
 

·
Call Me Ace
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
man- you beat me to it! i need mine to look good though- and be pretty damn secure cus its going to be pulled on by like 240-300lb everyday.
ace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
greenhorn said:
Everyone that rides me thinks I need them.
This would be a great sig quote. Too bad I don't have the room. :duh
 

·
green ones make me horny
Joined
·
11,154 Posts
hey yeller werent you talking about a new sig line yesterday? lol
 

·
Call Me Ace
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
just doing my part to dirty the internet...
ace
 

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Use search, look under grab handles, somebody posted a thread on this a few days ago, with lots of options
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
Thanks, greenhorn that makes a great sig. :thumbup
I put an oh shit handle on my bronco and it looks good. I took it off my brothers taurus. the handle in the taurus was grey, I scuffed it painted it black and mounted it to the roof. Looks factory too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
That's great if you want grab handles, but what about "Oh Shit" bars?? The Oh Shit bar should be mounted above the glove box such that the passenger can reach out in front of them (see: away from doors and windows) in a similar fasion to the driver to hold on.

What it should be mounted to is something I can't answer, though I've been thinking about it for the past few days...
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
My 91 Ranger had the handle above the pas door and "oh shit bar" is what my wife always called it. It was her always bugging me that got me to mount it and mount it where I did like the Factory location of the Ranger, and it is away from harms way. It gives the passenger something to hang on to while the truck is bouncing along, which is the whole point, isn't it?

If this isn't what an oh shit bar is , someone will have to clear that up with a pick or something.
 

·
Past Bronco Owner
Joined
·
4,855 Posts
waltman said:
My 91 Ranger had the handle above the pas door and "oh shit bar" is what my wife always called it. It was her always bugging me that got me to mount it and mount it where I did like the Factory location of the Ranger, and it is away from harms way. It gives the passenger something to hang on to while the truck is bouncing along, which is the whole point, isn't it?

If this isn't what an oh shit bar is , someone will have to clear that up with a pick or something.

That is exactly what it's for. You are driving and the passenger thinks "Oh Shit!" and needs something to grab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
Except that leaves their elbow on the window or outside of it... which will hurt like a ***** if it rolls. The bar being in front helps keep stupid passengers out of harms way. Of course for intelligent passengers it doesn't really matter where the handle is... I guess that just says something about jeep types ;) IMO, light bumpy trails aren't "Oh shit!" situations... It's when you're off-camber and the passenger feels the truck teetering on two wheels and might roll that the passenger glances down and can't see the ground... "Oh SHIT!"

I was planning on mounting a bar in front and one on my custom console... because some of my friends aren't the brightest crayons when they get into fast situations and I don't want to have to worry about that. I figure a handle on the console would encourage the passenger to pull in toward the center of the vehicle where they would be safer in a roll...




And it'll keep the pretty girls closer...
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
Ubermich said:
Except that leaves their elbow on the window or outside of it... which will hurt like a ***** if it rolls. The bar being in front helps keep stupid passengers out of harms way. Of course for intelligent passengers it doesn't really matter where the handle is... I guess that just says something about jeep types ;) IMO, light bumpy trails aren't "Oh shit!" situations... It's when you're off-camber and the passenger feels the truck teetering on two wheels and might roll that the passenger glances down and can't see the ground... "Oh SHIT!"

I was planning on mounting a bar in front and one on my custom console... because some of my friends aren't the brightest crayons when they get into fast situations and I don't want to have to worry about that. I figure a handle on the console would encourage the passenger to pull in toward the center of the vehicle where they would be safer in a roll...
Who said anything about light bumps. You haven't been for a ride in my truck. I can make a lightly bumpy road an "Oh Shit" situation, just ask my passengers. :toothless

I thought about it and in a very bumpy situation, I would have better luck stopping myself from hitting the window with my head by holding somethging above my head rather than something in front of me. All I can say for sure is that my passengers were happy to have that handle to hold onto and some have even said that to me.

Besides, what do you know, you are an admitted jeep owner/user. There is hope for you yet, simply ackmowledging that means you are on the road to recovery. :goodfinge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,330 Posts
hey waltman i just notice you got the same sig line i got. and i had it since Rob posted it the first time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
waltman said:
Who said anything about light bumps. You haven't been for a ride in my truck. I can make a lightly bumpy road an "Oh Shit" situation, just ask my passengers. :toothless

I thought about it and in a very bumpy situation, I would have better luck stopping myself from hitting the window with my head by holding somethging above my head rather than something in front of me. All I can say for sure is that my passengers were happy to have that handle to hold onto and some have even said that to me.

Besides, what do you know, you are an admitted jeep owner/user. There is hope for you yet, simply ackmowledging that means you are on the road to recovery. :goodfinge
I DARE you to prove it. I'll bet you a buck (that's a US dollar, none of that pansy canadian crap) that I don't need your pansy handle :goodfinge

And for the record, I don't have a jeep. I HAD a wagoneer, but it never made it off my street as I didn't make enough money to restore it at the time (was a mistake of a gift from my mom, great intentions but not fully thought out). I still wish I had it though. I'm not a fan of the baby jeeps, but I dig the fullsize rigs (just like Broncos, go figure).

In short. Shove it. :goodfinge :twak :beer
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
Cody said:
hey waltman i just notice you got the same sig line i got. and i had it since Rob posted it the first time.
me too, to both of your coments :thumbup
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top