Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Monday before Christmas the kids, dog and I got moved in with my parents, went last Friday with a friend of mine, to pick up the last of my boxes, thankfully he decided to take his truck, as I had more boxes left than I thought, lol
Though I'm not sure how long I'm going to be able to stay here, lol. I know, mom and dad's house = mom and dad's rules, but when you've had your own family and your own household for several years, it's hard to go 100% by someone else's rules.
Dad won't let me connect my pc online so I can do some work, mom said until I start bringing in the $$ anything I do online isn't considered work. Dad asked what's wrong with their pc....well it's a piece of CRAP. lol. though I didn't dare say that to him. ;) The kids ask me as they always do, if they can go outside to play or do this or that or watch a movie and as soon as I say yes or no, my parents tell them the opposite...it's VERY frusterating. I have a habit of hanging my coat on my dinning room chairs, well the other day I hung my coat on a chair and dad got after me about it, I said sorry about that, and he's like, don't be sorry, just do what I tell you to do...I feel like I'm some 16 year old again! geeze. I know I shouldn't bitch about it, as they offered us to move in for now...but I feel if I sit down for one minute or get online to check emails or sit and catch a movie like I'm committing a sin...I've been out every day this week job searching and that doesn't even seem to be enough.
I'll have to go Childcare shopping soon as well, as mom won't watch the kids, funny how everyone tells me that I know have built in babysitters...I just laugh at them LOL
Sorry for the rant...I'm sure someone will say something about me whinning about this, which is fine, I should thank my lucky stars that we have a place to live for now. :)
But on a lighter note...There are a few job positions open through the Temp Service I went to, and those will be interviewing next week :thumbup
Oh and as soon as income tax comes in, I'll be shopping for a cherokee, as I need something cheaper to drive , since I'll be working 30 to 40 miles away from here, and the bronco is getting a bit rough, and I don't want to push her more than she needs it right now. So she'll end up parked at my friend's house till I can find my own place to live ;)
Just been very stressful, loosing my home, my job and trying to provide for my kids without help from their dad, than the move and the Holidays to top it off!
Now I get to sit at home and be BORED to death tonight! lol No going out for me this New Years :cry:
OK, end of rant and update LOL

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
:twak what are you doing on here..i thought i told you to go to your room. :toothless

Good luck, but i can't beleive you are going to buy a heep :cry

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
normally I'd rag on someone ranting about thier parents but.....I think your parents need some people skills.
as soon as I say yes or no, my parents tell them the opposite...it's VERY frusterating.
contradicting the parent ...earns a big **** you.If they feel like offering a suggestion fine.
mom said until I start bringing in the $$ anything I do online isn't considered work.
how bout recreation then? it's not as if you where dumping the kids and going out whoreing.If you do come up here. :santa
just do what I tell you to do...I feel like I'm some 16 year old
and from hearing your side of the story...that's how you're being treated.
You should be glad you had a place to go....but if you don't take this out in the open,like an adult should be able to...it's gonna blow up bad!

the rest of the petty shit they seem to imply, is adding insult to injury.I'd really like to know what they would say if they where to read this.

they haven't read Michael jackson's book of child rearing have they.? :goodfinge

above all be understand as well...thier lives just changed too.maybe they figure being stern with you will prevent a future occurance

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew you'd reply Mike ;) LOL
Yes I'm very grateful we had a place to go, but they just need to realize I'm 32 NOT 16. It's only temporary, and I don't plan on havcing this happen again.lol And I fully understand that their lives have changed as well and I respect them so much more for doing this. :D

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
moving back home is a very interesting experiance. when i moved up here, i lived with mom and dad for about 5 months till my wife and i decided that we liked the area. its strange living with mom and dad when your an adult. even when your 30, they still think your 13. guess you cant take the parent outta them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts