Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,220 Posts
Pepe, You are missing something:shrug
Nah... it'll be fine. ;)
Hey guys I am adding a real pressure gauge. Can I put it i line to the remote filter?
That remote re-mount bracket I showed before had a hole on the top for a pressure sensor.
I capped it in my application but yours should too... I would think.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Those of you mounting remote tranny & oil filters, are you also keeping the original filter locations in place?

More specifically, the tranny oil filter inside the tranny oil pan which is a PITA to replace.
Are ya'll keeping that one or ditching it?

I guess now is the time for me to start researching alternative filter options since I've got my engine out and am prepping the bay for painting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I too have the oil cooler set up on my 95 but didn't know there was a filter. How often should this be replaced? I have 180k miles on my Bronco. I'm replacing the radiator, electric fan conversion, overfill tank, upper and lower hoses, oil cooler hose, so I'm thinking I should do the filter while in there?

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
28 Posts
I too have the oil cooler set up on my 95 but didn't know there was a filter. How often should this be replaced? I have 180k miles on my Bronco. I'm replacing the radiator, electric fan conversion, overfill tank, upper and lower hoses, oil cooler hose, so I'm thinking I should do the filter while in there?
I change my oil and oil filter roughly every 3,000-5000 miles. Transmission filter should be changed every 30,000 miles or so with transmission fluid. More often never hurts.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts