Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local "mart" broke my dipstick while changing my oil, thank god the other half didnt fall to the pan. They wont buy me a new one because they say they've "warned" me that there was "corrosion" on the stick :banghead.

So now I am in search of a new stick and i'm really coming up with nothing.
Went to the dealership and they ordered me the wrong one. "thats the only number they have" So any advice would be greatly appreciated :thumbup

1990, 302

·
Premium Member
4,792 Posts
should be able to use one from a 85-91 302. They changed the design sometime in the 92-96 model. It went from a metal yellow handle to a black handle with yellow lettering. Compare the old dipstick to the new to make sure it's the same.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
junkyard. take a measurement of yours first, so you can measure the one in a junkyard, just to double check you will take the correct dipstick.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Like this? I found these in my parts bin.

www.fordparts.com shows the same Part #6750 (Dipstick) & 6754 (Dipstick Tube) for both the 1990 5.0L and 5.8L. The 5.8L does specify "BEFORE 5/3/91".

Ford OEM Oil Dipstick & Tube - 1990 5.8L - Press-In

Milodon Flexible SS Oil Dipstick & Tube - 5.0L/5.8L - Screw Into Pan

·
Chillin on the Gulf Coast
1,596 Posts
If the dipsticks metal part is intact and just the plastic handle broke, you can swap the handle. I had a handle break off on my jeep and had to order a new dipstick. Got the dipstick in and it was the wrong length (paid like $8 so I didn't care). I used a straight pick to push out the roll pin on the handles and swapped the new handle onto the old dipstick. The whole process took me like 5 minutes including opening the box, realizing it was the wrong length and changing the handle.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your responses guys! I was racking my brain trying to find a new one. I want too worried about it until I realized that my truck burns oil so I'm not so sure where the oil level is. I've just been going by the sounds of the engine and the pressure gauge. Speaking of crappy gauges lol what do you guys recommend for an oil pressure gauge?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts