Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does oil dripping (slowly) from oil pan, and on the front axle under the engine, and where the tranny connects to the motor on the bottom edge of the tranny automatically mean horriable things?

Does tranny fluid dripping from the transfer case at one of the bolts mean bad things?

Is this because I just got a tranny flush, transfer case fill and oil change, isn't this stuff normal for a '94 with 138,000 miles on it or should I be very concerned?

thanks you all, I am really trying to bond with my Bronco, so I am trying to understand what it's telling me and I need you guys to translate for me until I can speak the language.:rockon

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
how big is the oil puddle when you pull out every day?
you might have a bad oilpan gasket. slide under there with a flashlight- and feel around. you may feel the cork gasket to be pushed outside the pan- which isnt hard to fix (loosen the bolts around it and push it back in) if everything looks ok- but you still have a leak- that pan gasket might be shot. that takes some work.
when i did mine- it took around 7hrs. you have to lift the engine to pull that pan out- the crossmember wont let you pull it straight out. i just dropped my pan and let it sit on top of the crossmember- then cleaned up the edged and put the gaskets on from there. its not an easy thing to do- but itll cost alot to have it done by a shop. i think my local shop quoted me like 700 or something. the gasket is under 20... you do what feels right.
as for the tranny- while youre down looking at the oilpan- take a look at the t-case and make sure everything is tight. if youre missing a bolt...find a bolt thatll fit- and put it in... might be the problem righ tthere.

now that i think about it- if you have oil leaking in front/on/and behind the oil pan- your gaskets are probably shot. if you have a big puddle in the driveway- youre looking at some work most likely...
sorry to bust your bubble,
ace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts