Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO this is a very stupid predicament i'm in. Changed my oil a few days ago. Had a stock brand ford bronco oil filter on it. Bought a fram oil filter and the dam thing was at least and inch and half bigger then it was suppose to be. I think o reily just F up. They said it was the specified size but when i went to put it in their was i think and engine mount bar that prevented it to be put on. BUt the stock ford one would slip on just like a perfect glove. SO is o reily messing up or did the red neck two owners before me was not knowing what he was doing?:whiteflag

·
Registered
616 Posts
napa gold is good too, fram sux..

·
Registered
215 Posts
And FYI stay away from K&N Filters. WAY overpriced. It sucks man. Go with the Motorcraft, I don't know about the WIX but if everyone else is recommending it then you can trust it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ill get back to guys on it. but i agree i dont like fram oil filters. sum bitch is about 1 and half longer then i need it to be. frickin grip tape on the end gets in the way all of the time

·
Man of endless projects
9,494 Posts
check to see if you have an oil cooler like mentioned. that might be the problem. maby you have a broken motor mount and the motor shifted abit? my 96 had both broken motor moutns and tranny mount and the oil filter had problems hittin the frame till the filter actually blew apart

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not 100% sure but i dont think it has an oil cooler. Ill double check. My hennipen tech buddy thinks it might be a bent engine mount. But the original manufacture oil filter fits on perfect. But fram does not

·
Registered
4,919 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
wrong filter

SO this is a very stupid predicament i'm in. Changed my oil a few days ago. Had a stock brand ford bronco oil filter on it. Bought a fram oil filter and the dam thing was at least and inch and half bigger then it was suppose to be. I think o reily just F up. They said it was the specified size but when i went to put it in their was i think and engine mount bar that prevented it to be put on. BUt the stock ford one would slip on just like a perfect glove. SO is o reily messing up or did the red neck two owners before me was not knowing what he was doing?:whiteflag
I think you may be trying to install a Fram TG8A when you should be installing a TG2. My '86 XLT 301 uses the former while my '96 EB 351 uses the latter - the TG8A is over an inch longer than the TG2.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i believe motorcraft is wix to..... remember some forum talking about it a few years back

what is nice i walmart carries both motorcraft and wix now, so i buy my oil there and filter there

·
Foolsize Member
1,570 Posts
I work at a parts store and its not hard to F up a part number for a filter. Make sure the year/make/model/engine stuff is correct, hell walk through it on the screen with the guy. My .02$, other people dont like K&N. I love mine, the only brand of filters i trust besides motorcraft. The K&N part number is 3001.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I didn't know k&n made oil filters. How much more for one of those?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts