Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead I recently put some water in my Ford Bronco because the temp was goin up. Now that is all taken care of. But since I put the water in there the oil guage keeps goin from normal to empty and back to normal. Its only in the morning tho. When I get off work it does not do it just when it warms up. Im not to mechanicaly inclined but I know that I did put it in the right spot. Also the engine light comes on when it hits empty. Does anyone know what is goin on? Please help.

Thanks in advance yall.:thumbup

Oh I did check my oil to and its in the normal section. So I know that Im goood on oil.

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
put a mechanical oil guage on it and see what you got. chances are it is the sending unit that is bad.

ken

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
:stupid, what ken said. the oil pressure gauge is nothing but an idiot light in a gauge layout. it doesn't tell you shit, nor does it tell you if it's empty :goodfinge : (j/k). it read normal as long as the sending unit gets 6.5psi of oil pressure (which is not enough really). or it goes to zero when there is well, zero oil pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW ok my truck is finall fixed i think. it cost me $200 all together. the parts that needed to be replaced was the: oil sending unit-13.18, thermastat-7.12, therm gasket-1.20, by pass hose- 13.07, and clamps-4.00. I sure do wish i was mechanicaly inclined. but thaks for all of yalls help. i really appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts