Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, it seems that the bko has developed an oil leak, either at valve covers or heads...hard to tell right now. It's not overly major, but none the less annoying...:banghead

I replaced PCV, thought maybe blowby, and tightened up ghetto fab K&N...dont want to go through time and expense of pulling valve covers or heads right now...

My long winded question is what IF ANY oil additive/stop leak to you use, or do you use such a thing?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Nope. You'd just be asking for problems later anyway. I had one recently and wasn't sure where it was coming from. Turned out to be from the pass side valve cover gasket. What really pissed me off is that I used the rubber over metal Moroso gaskets(I think cost about $40 for the pair). They're supposed to be re-useable and last a long time. I haven't had my vc's off since i put the engine together last year and the rubber just split in 2 spots on the bottom causing a bad oil leak. So much for being re-useable.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
If it is leaking at the head you have more probs..........as that is very very unlikely.

More than likey the Valve cover, and please don't use a mechanic in a bottle unles it was some type of an emergency.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
RKL, Sounds like you overtightened the valve covers.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
RLKBOB said:
I haven't had my vc's off since i put the engine together last year and the rubber just split in 2 spots on the bottom causing a bad oil leak. So much for being re-useable.
I've never seen the ford versions of those gaskets leak. Even after being reused several times.

Are you using stamped steel valve covers or cast aluminum?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Cast aluminum. I would assume the same thing of somebody else, but everything on my engine gets tightened to the specified torque.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts