Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an oil leak somewhere and im not sure if its coming from the valve cover gaskets, the oil pan gasket or the main seal but it must be a pretty heavy leak cause i checked my oil yesterday and it was almost dry. luckily i checked it. i just replaced the oil about a month ago and have checked it about every week just to be sure. ANY SUGGESTIONS

·
Registered
161 Posts
You are likely using (burning) oil. If you were leaking this much oil, you would notice it leaking down from the source and it leaving a HUGE puddle under you truck.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I havethe same issue flatback. But I get a good bit of white smoke after start up so I know it is getting into my combustion chamber so I figure that is where the majority goes since it is not hitting the ground.

What the Hell is a YAM Gacknar

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Actually, if you drive on the freeway much, and you have an oilpan gasket leak, you can dump several quarts very quickly if your fill cap or dipstick are loose.

Trust me, I know. 4 quarts in less than 150 miles.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
pjmorgan22 said:
I havethe same issue flatback. But I get a good bit of white smoke after start up so I know it is getting into my combustion chamber so I figure that is where the majority goes since it is not hitting the ground.

What the Hell is a YAM Gacknar
:banghead AW shit...please dont get him started on yams.:doh0715:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oil leak

i dont think it is burningn oil though because my truck doesnt smoke all the time like it is burning oil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts