Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tha front 3 oil pan bolts do they go into tha crank/timing gear cover??apperently who ever had my 150 befor me stripped one of tha bolts. anyways i got it half in can i run it in tha wrest of tha way without crackin tha crank/timing gear cover?

·
Registered
162 Posts
there should be 4 bolts you should have 2 small oil pan bolts and 2 larger bolts that go into the front cover, no do not just cram it in there cause if you do crack it your gonna be kickin yourself in the ass! just go get a helicoil kit from an autoparts store and fix it right. very simple fix. unless your lucky enough that you can tap the threads, but if its stripped then you need to helicoil it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there should be 4 bolts you should have 2 small oil pan bolts and 2 larger bolts that go into the front cover, no do not just cram it in there cause if you do crack it your gonna be kickin yourself in the ass! just go get a helicoil kit from an autoparts store and fix it right. very simple fix. unless your lucky enough that you can tap the threads, but if its stripped then you need to helicoil it.

allright i'll make sure to check into that one tomorrow mornin..just a word of advice tho dont ever try to change a oil pan gasket while tha motor is still on tha mounts..sucks balls:banghead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts