Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Bought a fel pro one piece(blue) oil pan gasket,I was wondering should I have used RTV on the gasket? I used some on the four corners but none no where else.

Also,do you guys tighten the pan bolts till you feel comfortable, or go by torque specs? I followed the haynes torque specs.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,066 Posts
I Bought a fel pro one piece(blue) oil pan gasket,I was wondering should I have used RTV on the gasket? I used some on the four corners but none no where else.

Also,do you guys tighten the pan bolts till you feel comfortable, or go by torque specs? I followed the haynes torque specs.
The directions states, no sealant required. And I must say, I love using that gasket.

I tighten the oil pan bolts by feel. But I've been through breaking the bolts. When in doubt, use a torque wrench.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
The directions states, no sealant required. And I must say, I love using that gasket.

I tighten the oil pan bolts by feel. But I've been through breaking the bolts. When in doubt, use a torque wrench.
And I believe those are INCH POUNDS, not foot pounds. About a 1200% difference..........:toothless

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,066 Posts
And I believe those are INCH POUNDS, not foot pounds. About a 1200% difference..........:toothless
That's correct Ricky, thanks for making that clearer :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts