Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the oil pressure mod to the dummy gauge and converted it to a working gauge like it says in steve83s write up but in that write up the cluster has a tach as mine doesn't. I ran the jumper wire across the what I think is the right resistor. The back of my guages look nothing like the gauges in the write up, everything is in differant spots. I hooked it all back up to see if it worked and the needle hardly moves. Is this normal? I always though the oil pressure guage should move quite a bit. Could yalls tell me if the resistor I jumped is the right one and is it acting right.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Yea I put a brand new sending unit out of an 86 bronco in it
Check and make sure you got the same part number for a 1987-1993 5.0L Mustang. Should be the same.

Or just check the resistance between the oil sending unit's terminal and ground, and make sure it's not zero or infinite.

Don't be worried about the 'gauge' moving a lot. It's more or less an indicator of 'some' or 'zero' pressure, and cannot be relied upon for much more than that. The readings on it, even day to day, are never consistent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts