Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey u's who help me , thanks but no rebuild at this time. For all you non-efi guys, there is a rule if it acts broke but has had no preliminary issuees it is the CPU. well not the cpu in fact but a varible anomaly or uncalculated differance in the system. I went and bought some (GUNK) engine flush like $6, drained some oil to make some room about a quart and a half, ran it for 5 minutes, did an oil change, wa la no drop in pressure, no knocks and back on the road. I have replaced almost every computer tuned sensor on her, at least once, which has shown me the very odd responses you can get from a faulty one, rough idle, stalls, tranny slipage, the works. Oh and she olny has 202219 oh her so If I get 8k more before a rebuild. Sweeet. Oh and there was not alot of heavy chuck sludge, I dont know if the product broke it up or if was very minimal. Thanks Again

·
Registered
432 Posts
I use the gunk engine flush at every oil change its great stuff. It disolves most of the stuff (hence the reason the oil runs out like black water) I have 240,000 miles and still no oil burning no knocks no pings no smoke oil pressure is low at idle but oh well.
I might rebuild at 300,000. I did have some leaks here and there but I have fixed those. Until then I will keep using the engine flush
with every oil change and I run havoline 10w-30 with stp engine treatment, and a bottle of fuel system cleaner with every tank of gas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool 240k, DiD you catch the problem I was having before? With the oil pressure dropping off? Well if not there was one. And I use Cheveron PLus not suprem but plus and Valvoline 14w 40 High milage. no other additives and no major mods from stock msd coil and #" exhaust. thats it. Peace

·
"SMUGGLERS EDITION"
538 Posts
How did you fix the Tranny slipage?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tranny slppage..LoL

The E4OD, if thats what u have is really kind of sensitive to sensor issues and hates to be dirty. I was having this problem where it would sputter and fell like the tranny was slipping. Come to find out that the EFI is all tied together in a big loop so if say Your Map sensor is bad it will effect the rpms, the rpms will then effect the tranny by not really knowing when to shift, I would say the EGR, Map, and I believe there is one other sensor that is so far from the tranny that u would never think it could have any effect, but they do. The codes on some of that stuff can be tricky for some MEchs as well, but the will get you pointed in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts