Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Bronco with the 5.8. When it's forst started the pressure is fine. After driving and getting up to temperature when you stop at a stop sign or are idling the oil pressure drops to 0. When you give it a little throttle it comes right back up. I know for fact the oil is new and full and the oil pressure sensor is new.

Any Ideas?

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
You might want to search and get your flame suit on.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
You also need to test it like the current guage. If your BKO is like mine then it only drops to zero when the motor is hot, and your are in drive but stopped. Just how mine reacts, don't know about yours. But if the mechanical guage reads ok when cold, and not in drive then that doesn't your stock one is all gone (or whatever your circumstances are)

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I have a 1989 Bronco with the 5.8. When it's forst started the pressure is fine. After driving and getting up to temperature when you stop at a stop sign or are idling the oil pressure drops to 0. When you give it a little throttle it comes right back up. I know for fact the oil is new and full and the oil pressure sensor is new.

Any Ideas?

Most likely:

Crapy stock guage
Sending unit--(just cause its new don't mean its good)

OR

Pluged oil pickup
Worn out oil pump gears
Worn out oil pump shaft

Get a mechanical guage on that som'beech! :popc1:

·
Registered
15 Posts
You guys might remember the other thread where I had the same problem.

I actually put the mechanical gauge in... and it still drops to 0. It rises slightly (I think) if I put it in neutral.

Now I'm wondering how urgently I should drop the pan.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
You guys might remember the other thread where I had the same problem.

I actually put the mechanical gauge in... and it still drops to 0. It rises slightly (I think) if I put it in neutral.

Now I'm wondering how urgently I should drop the pan.
With what I just read...ASAP :smilie_slap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts