Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1988 fsb and im having a problem with the oil pressure. I searched and couldnt find anyone with a similar problem. Recently the engine light has come on because of low oil pressure. The pressure doesnt change as the engine warms or if i hit the throttle it always stays just below the normal no matter what. Whats the problem?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sounds like the sending unit took a crap......but if your still relying on the stock gauge to let you know where your oil pressure is at it dont matter too much. The stock gauge is a POS and is equal to a idiot light.

First thing I would do is put a shop oil pressure gauge on it just to make sure it has adequate pressure. Then I would get a new sending unit as a stop gap mesure.....but the final solution will be to put on a aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
This question gets asked a lot. At one point there were four or five threads going at one time about low oil pressure.

Use "low* oil* pressure" in the search window (include the * or it won't work) and you'll get lots of info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts