Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm trying to track down a leak. The sensor is'nt leaking from the threaded part that goes into the block, but where it appears to be leaking from is the cap part of the sensor. I can twist it 360 without the threaded part in the block moving. Anyone ever heard of that? Can it happen? The pressure reads between the r and m on the stock gauge, so it isnt like BP's problem. It just leaves about 4-5 drops on the driveway every night. I appreciate the input....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll pick one up tomorrow, along with the tool. BTW, are those prone to leaking at the cap part, or am I just special?

·
Registered
170 Posts
should need only a wrench to remove the sending unit.no special tool....well thats the case on my 83 anyways and on my 91 302

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll give it a go with a wrench, hopefully with luck........fortunately, the socket is in my budget, just one of the few "special tools" needed for the driveway fixer-upper...:thumbup

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
On a side note, I called ford today and tried to order the specialty tool. They had NO idea what I was talking about. Anyone have a part number? Or the proper name?

·
2nd mouse gets the cheese
614 Posts
i got my oil pressure sender socket off a tool truck (snap on etc) and ive seen quite a few cars and trucks leak from the seam of the electrical portion of the sender

·
Registered
201 Posts
they rarely ever leak from the threads unless they were installed wrong. they leak from the connector end usually and sometimes get into the connector

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I got my oil pressure sending unit socket at Harbor Freight for less than 3 bucks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The local Schuck's advertises on line that they have the socket for like 4-5 bucks. If it'll make the job easier, then I'm all for it. It looks like it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get access to anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts