Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done putting in my new oil pump, went to start truck and no oil pressure. The only thing I could think of is that I didn’t get the drive shaft in the right place, so if any one can tell me the secret to this please do. I have the dizzy pulled right now so where does the shaft connect.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Imlikjonow (spelling) just went through the same thing...I think it was him. :banghead :banghead If you didn't put the shaft where it is supposed to go, you'll have to take it all apart again and do it right. There is no short cut

·
Registered
173 Posts
If the dist is pulled take a flashlight and look down into the hole. You should see the end of the oil pump shaft about 4in from the top. The bottom of the dist shaft drives the pump. Sounds to me like you might be pulling the pan again.

·
Registered
490 Posts
What do you mean not put it in right? There is really only one hole for it, at least i hope? Just replaced mine, but the oil guage won't go up to normal until i start driving a little.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Konham said:
What do you mean not put it in right? There is really only one hole for it, at least i hope? Just replaced mine, but the oil guage won't go up to normal until i start driving a little.
There is only one hole for it, but you can miss it alltogether. I know, I've done it. I've never heard of oil pressure going up to normal as you drive. Instead, as soon as you start up your truck the oil pressure will go up to a higher than normal reading because the oil is cold, before you even start driving. Then as the oil heats up to operating temperature it will drop to normal operating pressure. During idle this will be around 15-35 lbs.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
there is a little hex hole by one of the mains it is really a pita to see if you are doing it alone. that is where it goes. there is only one way that it can go in there. There is a flange that stops it from going too far in or out. make sure you got it in there. good luck.

ken

·
broncofied
1,476 Posts
Before you pull the pan you can use a 5/16" socket on a long extension with a drill to turn the pump that way you could see if you get resistance you'll hear the drill bog when you start building pressure. If it's not in the top of the pump it's gotta come back out for shure. I'd try plugging up a mechanical gauge and using the drill to turn the pump and check for pressure:thumbup

·
Registered
490 Posts
Its prolly just my gauge, but when i start my bronco, it starts below normal than eventually after like 2 minutes, gets up to slightly past normal, it acted the same with both the old oil pump and the brand new one, yeah i primed it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts