Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While testing the compression of the cylinder, I saw oil spreading across the floor. Looked and found this to be the culprit.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
That's it. It is normally a big bell type, the top on yours has rusted off. Find the wire and you might find the rest of the sender.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually glad to hear this, cause I was not feeling positive with my purchase lol

But I'm going to grab one of those, along with a bunch of other stuff.

Also going to soak the piston in some Marvel Mystery oil and see if I can free up the piston rings to bump up the cylinder pressure to get the motor in decent shape to run until I decide to rebuild the motor or pull it in favor of a 460.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the wire, but they already removed the unit, it was laying on the fender.

Pulled it out and it's a short, what's the different between the short and long? Any issues to getting the long instead of the short version?

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
There is only one size. You have a gauge (all the big bell senders were for a gauge) and that is all you need to tell the parts store for a replacement.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is only one size. You have a gauge (all the big bell senders were for a gauge) and that is all you need to tell the parts store for a replacement.
Well actually there seems to be a short and long version, cause when I asked for a sender unit for the oil pressure guage, he showed me 2 different pictures. One had a short pipe thread, the other had a little longer pipe thread on it.

I didn't think it was a big different but figured I would ask before ordering incase the resistance is different inside the sender.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got it today, and it's a big son of a gun! Matter of fact I don't think it's right, cause compare to the old one it's way too big. Is there a adapter in the block to pull out to place the new sender in place?

The old one was a 1/4" plug size, the new one is 3/8" plug size.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I just checked and I actually have a light, not a gauge.

So that's why I didn't recognize the new one.

Guess I'll order the light sender and wait for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts