Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought oil for the baby today I noticed the oil filter I currently have started to slightly drip from the edge so i decided that i have to replace it and change the oil as well .... my question is...is the oil that I purchased the correct one?
thank you for all your help
Brown Product Fluid Automotive tire Liquid

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,660 Posts
Yup that will work. Always use motorcraft filters.

The leak from the oil filter COULD be the oil cooler adapter. The small canned ham shaped thing with two tubes connecting to the lower radiator hose that is between filter and engine block.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Yo
"...
  1. CAUTION: Make sure gasket from removed oil filter has not stuck to the oil cooler mounting bolt insert. Wipe oil cooler mounting bolt insert clean prior to installing new oil filter.
    Coat the gasket on a new oil filter with recommended quality engine oil. Place the new oil filter in position on the oil cooler mounting bolt insert.
  1. Hand-tighten the oil filter until the gasket makes contact and then advance it one-half turn.
  1. NOTE: Be sure O-ring for oil filter adapter mounting bolt is positioned properly before bolt installation.
    If oil cooler was removed, reverse removal procedure to install. Fill and bleed cooling system. Refer to Section 03-03.
  1. CAUTION: To prevent oil from entering the PCV system during air-powered oil fills, the closure hose should be disconnected from the oil fill pipe (6A868) and positioned away from the oil source. Cover the hose port with a shop towel to prevent oil from spilling onto the engine during oil fill. Reconnect the closure hose after the oil has been filled to the proper level.

Check the oil level and fill the crankcase with engine oil of the quality recommended in the Owner Guide as necessary.
  1. Operate the engine (6007) at fast idle and check for oil leaks. If oil leaks are evident, perform the necessary repairs to correct the leakage. Remove the drip pan.

Font Material property Parallel Number Rectangle

·
Registered
95 f-150 4x4 5.8 e4od 05 F250 axles w/4:10's lifted/modded owned since 97 w/28K
337 Posts
if you want to KNOW about any and all oils from engine oil to marvel mystery oil, fuel injector cleaner........... in depth, labratory testing with proof of whats in the bottle and real world testing of people using certain oils and filters (they have filter section too) for real world oil analysis, you need to go here

Bob Is The Oil Guy

im talking about IN DEPTH information, what i did was go to their school on oils 101 to learn even what 5w-30 even means, and its not what I thought it meant but now i know

this is what i bought, less than $15 for a 5 quart jug and has good rating ILSAC GF-6A, API SP/SP I got 4 jugs for $58.68 shipped free to my door. i'm not a quaker state fan but i buy what is on sale as long as it meets the rating, which most all oils do today. AND i put it in my jet skis, four wheelers, side by sides, pretty much everything and never have issues.
Quaker State High Mileage 5W-30 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil for Vehicles Over 75K Miles, 5-Quart - Walmart.com

·
Registered
1987 Ford Bronco, beefed up 351w, JBG HD rear springs, JBG 4” coil, 10.25 rear posi, Dana 44 posi
500 Posts
I just started using 5w-30 full synthetic high mileage from Amazon basics in my crown vic and will start using it in my bronco once I fix it. It’s cheap, meets all the standards and shipped to your door if you have prime.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This is one of those topics that can go super crazy. So to add fuel to the fire...
I would always use a 10/30 at a minimum.
Old and tired motor, it one with clearances on the high side, 10 or 15/40.
I use syn 10/30 in my 200k miles Silverado, used it in the '90 Bricknose 351, use it in my toy car (.040 over, 302 block, AL heads, good cam, 10:1...) with great results.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 f-150 4x4 5.8 e4od 05 F250 axles w/4:10's lifted/modded owned since 97 w/28K
337 Posts
Bitog..... Oil 101

1 - 11 of 11 Posts