·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
delete

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,444 Posts
Good looking Bronco man. I'm not far from ya just in Chesapeake. You should check out the Dixie Chapter for the latest events in the area. :beer

bilsteins are one of the better brands to run and should do you just fine.

·
Super Moderator
26,086 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
delete

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good looking Bronco man. I'm not far from ya just in Chesapeake. You should check out the Dixie Chapter for the latest events in the area. :beer

bilsteins are one of the better brands to run and should do you just fine.
Cool. I def will!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yo! Congrats!

I like the Bilsteins; bought from AJ USA
$253.80 for Four Bilsteins from http://www.ajusa.com/ in 2012

http://www.ajusa.com/Bilstein-Monotube-Shock-Absorbers-and-Struts-c2ddev10dfq6ba3.html

my KYB Gas-Adjust shocks started rusting out by month 3; KYB rep said in e mail reply to my concern that is is Not normal...but would Not authorize a return under the life-time guarantee.

This pic was taken in JAN 04 when they were 2 years old

That sucks! I've never had a problem with bilsteins. So I'll stick to them! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hell, my Rough Countries looked 10x that bad after just over a year and they had never even been driven on. They were on the truck sitting in the yard. I had another set on my frame off super cab that did the same thing. Less than 500 miles, no rain, no winters and they still rusted. I stripped them, shot them with epoxy and then cleared them. Now they have held up for like 8 years.
Swamp

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell, my Rough Countries looked 10x that bad after just over a year and they had never even been driven on. They were on the truck sitting in the yard. I had another set on my frame off super cab that did the same thing. Less than 500 miles, no rain, no winters and they still rusted. I stripped them, shot them with epoxy and then cleared them. Now they have held up for like 8 years.
Swamp
Cool,Good info.... wish the manufacturer could have done that for you, I wish they just made things better.....disposable world I guess

·
Super Moderator
26,086 Posts
Cool. I def will!
YO LL,
The Bilstein are belt about 75/% Better than the KYs (KY instead of KYB because as Joe Pesci once said, :They'll XXXX you every time"); piston rod, welded upper retaining nut and nut and bolts that are not rusted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts