Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:twak
i know this makes 2 post in 1 day and it is in relation to the first post, but has any one ever done any thing like this or will it work? i can get a 1992 f150 2wd with a aod tranns and a 5.0, motor has 130,000+ miles on it, i know the guy and 95% of the miles are all highway miles, now my bronco is a 1991 4wd with a e4od trans and a 5.0, now if i was to swap out the 5.0 and back it up with the aod i had rebuilt last year, change out the computers would i just be able to swap out the wiring harness in the engine bay and going down to the tranns? i know the 92 harness being 2wd probaly wont have the transfer case harness would it? :box0715:

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
blackbroncoxlt65 said:
i think i smoked it, thats why i said in my can things get any worse post when i tried to hit the skinny pedal the rpms would climb and i wouldnt go any were, not 100% sure but i would much rather run an aod then the e4od
Well, from a wheeling standpoint i'd rather run a C-6 than a AOD or and E4OD. But, rebuilt properly, the E4OD can be a very strong transmission, ask Dustin.

You might of just lunched the torque converter in the E4OD, before you go buying anything expensive, i would see what is wrong with what you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts