Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the headers i ordered today came in and they were speically made for a 460 in a bronco. Hooker Headers made the headers and both sides hit the frame perches where it bolts to the motor mounts. I'm wondering if this happens when everyone else put a 460 in and headers. i just was wondering how everyone fixed the problem
thanks for all the help
justin:whiteflag

·
Registered
689 Posts
i dont know...my L&L headers fit great. if its just alittle you might just have to cut the perches some

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I think L&L Headers work with L&L mounts........Not sure......Mine are pretty tight...1/4 inch at the most......Might try a mounting base plate...Another 1/4 might give you the clearance....?

·
Garage kept
1,185 Posts
We had to heat and bend

·
Registered
585 Posts
I like my Stan's for fit. They are of the "TRI-Y" design, so instead of stuffing 4 tubes past the frame & into the collector, there's in effect only 2 tubes, then the 2 1/2" collecter. Makes for lots of room. With my old 400 headers, the starter could be a real chore to remove; with the Stan's on my 429, the starter practically falls out when you remove the bolts. Oil pan is easier to access, also. And, they clear the motor mounts easily (mine are L&L's). Mine are 16 gauge/ 1/2" flange, nickel plated, but 14 gauge is also available.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
question again....where do the headers come out at? my hooker headers come out right in front of the transmission and looks hard to put an exhaust on..also have to go underneath the transmission frame or whatever it is..1st time i get on a rock or something similar, it'll tear the drivers side exhaust right off...i don't like the hooker's at all. would be alrite for a bronco or truck driven on the road about 80% of the time. I want some that stay inside the frame or outside the frame like fenderwell exit headers...trying to sell the hooker's for $425 obo
thanks for the link
justin

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

STANS

They run just about to the transfercase and mount...I used 1/4 threaded rod to mock the bends I needed for the exhaust....They bent it right first shot...Cost me $50 for the pipes to be done at your local exhaust shop..You can do chin ups off those pipes....I heard you can have tire clearance and rubbing issues if going to fenderwell exit headers....I luv my headers......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts