Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go out and get a Buell Firebolt XB9R. But i want to keep the Bronco. No big deal right? Wrong!!!. I still have my 03 ZX2. Oddly enough i also have alot invested into it. Alot of performance mods. I am also still paying on it. I owe alittle more than it is worth as it stands.

Basically what i want to know is; Do they exept cars as trade ins for Motorcycles?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Yea they do, but rarely, and usually it's on a used bike. I would sell it outright and then take what i made off the car and put it down on the bike.

Are you brand loyal. I really wanted a fatboy but ended up with a suzuki. I got the look i wanted just not the name.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh i see. hmmm

And i dont want to say that i am brand loyal but the reason i want that bike is because i love trhe Harley Sound but I want a "Crotch Rocket" So it, to my knowledge, is the only one like that. But i beleive i am going to look in to doing what you said. I will keep y'all posted.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Buell is a damn good bike, they tear shit up. The problem is that you run into harley pricing.

You know you now have to "pay" for the harley sound.....

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm looking at buying a sport bike soon. I looked at a couple buells bikes. I think im going with a honda cbr 1000rr though. Buddy has one and that thing is a beast.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Check out the SV1000 if you want a V-twin sportbike. Cheaper insurance and it's less expensive too.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yeah, ditch that ZX2 and apologize to yourself for spending all that money on mods for what is still a slow car. No offense, but you can mod a ZX2 all day long and find exactly what I'm saying now.... that you could've just dumped that money into a better car and been significantly faster...

Or in your case, dump that money into a bike and be WAY faster.

Just be careful. :thumbup

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
if you want a v-twin setup and you want performance, then get a real bike. Get a Ducati. I wouldn't by an upright v-twin unless it was water cooled and i think the only American variants are V-rods. you gotta be a yuppied banker biker to afford one of those thangs.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
broncoman92 said:
Make the real choice in v-twin sportbikes and ride Italian. Nothing sounds like and performs like a Ducati.
Says the people from the south where riding season is like 10 months long. Up here we only get about 4 months of t-shirt on the bike weather, then it's the sweatshirt, then it's back to the leather, then it's put the bike away for the winter.

It's rough paying that much for a bike when you only get to use it less than a third of the year.

That's why i own a suzuki volusia instead of a harley fatboy.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
nbaff said:
Honda makes a V-twin the RC51 I think. That is a nasty nasty bike.

+1 I wish I could afford one

·
FJ80 Expedition Rig
1,461 Posts
yeah, riding season is nice and long down here, it just started back up about a month ago, its already t-shirt on the bike weather. I never wear just a tshirt though. Road rash sucks.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I was considering buying a newer bike again as well...Too many other Fords though...For me..It just doesnt make sense.....One catch though the city might have came into my yard Monday...So theres two trucks not registered...If the City Catches me I might just have to be in the same boat as you...Vehicle 0 Bike 1 ........Good luck....

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
broncoman92 said:
yeah, riding season is nice and long down here, it just started back up about a month ago, its already t-shirt on the bike weather. I never wear just a tshirt though. Road rash sucks.
I put about 700 miles on my bike this week alone. it's been between 60-75 degrees. When it's below 70 i still need the leather, when it's above it, i usually have my sick boyz motorcycle hoodie on.

I am going to take it out in about an hour, it's about 75 right now, but i just ate and i can feel a poop comin on. I hate riding the bike and having that "crampy sweaty" feeling. So once i am done poopin i am goin ridin.

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Yeah get a Duc if yo have deep pockets. Don't get me wrong I would buy one if I could afford to. I ride with several people who own ducs and the truth is they are expensive to fix. If yo want the sound look at an older suzuki tl1000 (assuming you are not a first time rider) they sound bad. Or even a Honda RC-51 is a real bad ass bike.

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
get a used duc 900. not so spendy. i would think the buell is much more costly. or find an old V-max and get really good life insurance (make ScorpionBoy the beneficiary).
The best bikes are actually made in Bavaria.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do not know if you have ridden the Buell Firebolt but I'm 6'2" (and shrinking) and the bike felt very cramped (not good for long hauls) and I'm getting old (do not like to hunch over the tank). Fuel range is not that great on the Firebolt, 120-150 depending on throttle technique. I love the look of the bike and have been a fan of the Buells for some time. I personally like the older X-1's but thats just me. If you commute long distances try an inline 4, FZ1, ZRX1200R, with a 5 gallon tank and a range of 45-50 mpg you will go 225-250 between fill ups. Or try a Suzuki SV. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 35 Posts