Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....I signed up in 12/08. I had a 95 white bronco that looked good, however, mechanically....it was a mess! I sold it in 1/09 and went back to jeeps. 25 jeeps later.....I have recently stumbled on a 1990 bronco and figured I would check back in. This one is more rough on the eyes, but runs and works awesome!!! I couldnt be happier right now....well when its lifted I will be! Here is a pic of new toy.

here is a pic of the old one.

the new one has the manual 4wd shifter (which makes me allwarm and fuzzy) and has the 351 which is sooooo much nicer than the 302. small lift and 35's are the first step. Then maybe paint. well anyhoo....just wanted to check back in and say "whats up!?!?!?"

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
welcome back to FSB, its amazing how something can look perfect and be a big hunk of junk. glad you got a new one hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks peps.....Funny you like these wheels....I cant stand them and they will be on CL soon! and come spring all the blue paint will be black. I always liked the looks of the black/tan EB broncos. Been working on this for two weeks now and have found many issues that where hidden when I went to get it. Kind of frusterating, but have really started liking the Bronc. Much more roomier than my ZJ and tons more power! Just have to knuckle up and chase the demons out of it. Hopefully It will be sittin on my 35's this week. Then finish chasing down the no heat issue and replace the buckets and figure out why the ignition isnt workin anymore. Fun Stuff!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW....this may be a stupid question...but how hard is it to change the hubs to lock outs? Mine work, but I have heard horror stories of them going out when you really need them! Just curious.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Welcome to FSB ~ :thumbup

Wow 25 Jeeps, how much did that cost you over a period of time.....wouldn't have been cheaper to spend that money on the 95 and go thru it so it was a reliable DD........:doh0715:.......j/k....lol lol...the 90 will do....:beer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah....25! I'm a jeep nut and love building them. I had 2 when I had the first bronco and now I only have 1 (94 V8 ZJ). I like to build and sell. The first bronc really got on my nerves....stupid push button 4wd! That and the under powered 302. Now I'm older and realize just how much money I have wasted....This Bronc is the daily/camping truck and the ZJ will be the toy. But slow builds on both.....dont have the wifes income that we had before! Stupid economy has put a real dent in my toy funds!

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Is the 90 electric 4x4 .....if so check out FSB member RickyB's "Shiftster" product which is basically a manual key you bolt on to the transfer case, removing/replacing the PITA electric motor and you're good to go....cost was around $50-60.00 range and a few minutes of your time.

There are a few simple things you can do to increase power with either the 302 or 351....check out FSB member Sixlitre's ~ "ignition & timing upgrade" performance tip and FSB member Cobra Jet's ~ GT40, 40p heads and headers with minor fabrication.

You can search faster by going directly to their "find all posts or threads started" simply use the drop down search, member search, type user name, click go and you're there, statistics, open either etc.

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts