Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
What?
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bangheadi searched and searched, couldnt find shit. so my wiring on my bronco is ****ed up. im pissed, i just want to get the rear window up and keep it up so i can sell the bronco. the P.O. did some shitty wiring job that ended up being disconnected behind the window so i cant get to it. i just want the window up.

any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
yup there is. just remove the access panel on the tail gate. then lift up on the scissor support on the bottom of the window.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
if the motor isnt dead, then just put the battery in the back, hook up 2 wires and wire it right to the motor, thats how i got mine down/up when i was troubleshooting the rear window....

So are you actually selling your truck, or is that just one of those your really mad at it right now love/hate relationship statements?

·
What?
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup there is. just remove the access panel on the tail gate. then lift up on the scissor support on the bottom of the window.
alright ill try this. although idk if i can get my fingers that far down there.

and im seriously considering selling it and buying a 4x4 ranger. i need the mpgs for work

·
What?
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i looked and tried and i could not find any kind of support. i put my hands where i could fit them and pulled...i couldnt pull it out at all. the window is stuck down ...not much room

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts

·
What?
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i looked around in there....where the hell is the motor? lol it seems like nothing is between the glass and talgate

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
this is all I got, does it look the same as yours?

The wires SHOULD be behind that middle panel (you can see the red sticking out in the bottom left corner), hook some wires to that and hook it to the battery, you will figure out which way is up and down when you do it...

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
I would do the wire thing as stated. If the motor is burnt, you have another option. Look in the access holes and locate the 4 nuts that hold the window to the mecanism. Drill four holes (aprox 3/4") in the tailgate from the inside above those nuts. Then you can remove them and slide the window out by hand. Now you can fix the problem or rig something to hold it. This is not as bad as it sounds. I have a tailgate cover. (not the access plate) So it does not show. If your worried about looks, you could get some plugs from Lowes. Once you have those holes, You know it wont be stuck again.

·
Registered
834 Posts
OK.. 1994 Bronco.
Here is my writeup to put in a new window motor but, it should help you in gaining access to the motor.

1: Lower tailgate and grab the bottom of the window, track, whatever you can get your hands on and roll/pull the window up about half way.
2: Using an 11mm socket and an 11mm open end wrench, (if memory serves me correctly) take off the four screws that hold the window to the track. These actually hold the regulator onto the window part. Once the nuts are off, the track will basically fall off.
3: Move the regulator until you can access the three or four bolts holding the regulator to the tailgate. remove those bolts
4: Unplug the motor from the harnass.
5: Taking the regulator out is tricky but, you can slide it all the way to the passanger side first and then manuver one arm out of the drivers side and remove the entire setup.
6: there will be three small screws holding the motor to the regulator. (drivers side of the tailgate) Take those off and the motor slides right off.
7: Put the new motor on. Put the top screw in first and keep it loose. Slide the motor until the "tit" falls into the hole in the regulator. This will force the motor teeth to hit the regulator gears.
8: Tighten the bolt and insert and tighten the other two bolts.
9: While the regulator is out, test it by jumping the wires to a battery and make sure it goes up and down.
10: Put the regulator back in the tailgate and bolt the regulator back in.
11: hook up the eletric and test again.
12: roll the regulator down enough to see the window clamps and re-install the window with the small nuts.
13: test again the full range of motion.

This is something that can very easily be done with a few hours to spare. the hardest part, in my opinion, is physically taking the regulator out of the tailgate. There is a bit of manuvering that takes place.
Now that it is done, it is SOOOO nice to be able to simply roll the window up and down instead of pushing it with my hands.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
try putting the tailgate down. so you are trying to slide it out instead of lift it up.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
If his window is down even having the tailgate down won't help much. I had a problem with mine when I changed the motor I got the window down and it wouldn't come back up turned out that the regulator snaged the crimp connector I had to use and pulled the wire apart and to make matters worse the window had limo tint on it. I tried to pull the window out with the tailgate down no such luck. Heres what I did to get the window back out/up.

1. remove the access panel
2. peel the window tint back so I could see the window regulator
3. locate the wires for the motor and the problem connector
4. take a metal coat hanger cover it with eletrical tape leaving 1 inch exposed on both ends scrape the coating off for a good connection
5. bend the coat hanger so I could touch the wire on the motor with it while the other end was connected to my jumper cables single clamp
6. since I had another motor there I used it to decide what direction it would go with my set up
7. the window switch on the tailgate changes the ground depending on which way you turn the key
8. so I connected the jumper cable to positive battery connection
9. made sure the coat hanger was touching the wire and moved the key switch to the up position and the window moved up

I hope this tale helps its a pita when these things get stuck down I'll try to dig up the wiring diagrams if it will help you

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
Ok check the latch switch it connects into the drivers side latch iniside the gate and will cause the gate not to work it has a red-yel wire and a tan-blk wire going to it. Also check #12 and #14 on the fuse block they should be circut breakers. to get the window to go up you will need yel-red wire grounded and the red-yel wire connected to 12+ keep in mind that the red-yel wire is connected to the tailgate latch switch so it will be easier to get to. try the switch first easy way to do it is jumper around it however you can. the grounds for the window are connected to the relays that work off the switch in the front you shold be able to hear them click when you push it.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
I drew this up for you to help with the troubleshooting hope it gets you working again

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts

1 - 20 of 38 Posts