Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched everywhere and still didn't come up with what I'm looking for.

I'm planning on pulling the 3rd out of the TTB in the beater to weld it up this winter and figured while it was out I would upgrade the Center U joint. I want to get the strongest I can because I really don't feel like changing it out in the woods. If I brake anything I'd rather it be one of the outers.

Anyways where can I find info on what is the strongest U joint for the center shaft on the TTB and some part numbers so I can order one. I looked at OX and CTM but couldn't find any specific part #'s for the TTB.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Dana 50 stub shaft and slip yoke is what you want. I dont know if there are any super strong joints for it

·
Registered
904 Posts
you might have better luck looking in the broncospeed section, a lot of guys are running beefed up TTB setups.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,309 Posts

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Yeah, check out the difference in the D44 stub on top and the D50 stub on the bottom. The D50 casting is at least a quarter inch thicker. I've broken a bunch of other stuff on my TTB, but never that D50 stub.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about that when I was replacing the ball joints on my dads F250 a few months back. I did the same thing and held his stub shaft next to one of my spares. Right now I'm kind of lazy and don't feel like searching through yards to find one. I figured if I could find a strong U joint for the D44 stub shaft it would be just as good.

I'll see if I can locate a D50 stub shaft. It'll probably be cheaper anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts