Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all your kind advice and recommendations, I removed the transfer case shift motor today. Easy peasy.

Anyway, while it was off I had this bright idea to TEST teh 4wd for the hell of it to make sure I didn't purchase a real problem child. Shifted into 4 high no problem, drove well, no noises! Bonus!! Then proceeded to try and test low gear at the case. After some effort with a pair of channel locks It went into 4wd low. Drove it a short way to make certain...it worked great!

Now, with the shift motor removed for disassembly and inspection, I tried to shift back into 2WD. Not a chance!! I could not even get the leverage to go back to 4 hi! I tried every tool I could think of...nothing was able to turn the shifter shaft quite far enough to go into 4wd hi. OR...am I missing something. Would moving the vehicle a little help it to shift back into high?

Any help would be worth a ton to me right now, lol. I'm sure there must be a simple way of doing this. I'm just too dense to think of it.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,988 Posts
Truck in neutral when shifting in and out of 4WL?

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,457 Posts
You see what happens when you're a teenager in the late 60s/early 70s? I must've smoked all my memory cells away, lol.

MUCH thanks, sackman9975!!!
Too much malt, hops, and bong resin? ;) We all pull those Homer moments
A11B937E-6B3F-463A-8174-1B246ABA568A.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts