Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to relate my experience from this morning

I'm going through with one of my resolutions of changing careers. Through the employment office, I am taking a course of sorts to help me determine what I am best suited for which started yesterday. There is a group of 6 of us and 2 councilors.

The councilors and everyone else in the group are like they are from a different planet. Going in a clockwise direction with me being last, starting with the councilors everyone said how they are doing this morning and how great this experience is and how nice everyone is and how blah blah blah blah:uke::uke::uke::uke:

I just wanted to hurl, who the frack are these people?? I'm sure a few times my face showed my disgust. I am not used to all this lets hug attitude, coming from the steel trade and having the friends I have.
I mentioned that when it got to me so that in the future when I actually do vomit during one of those bleeding heart support speeches no one will be too shocked.

I thought people like that only existed in the bible belt.

Don't get me wrong, I will prefer to give you a hand before any hindrance, but dayum, I am trying not to upchuck my lunch thinking about it.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
you have to realize that a good portion of time the counselors are dealing with kids straight out of college, who have no true work experience, they're trying to make their time a little bit easier by holding their hand a bit.

Every quarter we start at school we go through the same thing in class,we go around the classroom and introduce ourselves and explain why we are in school.

Some of the answers are pretty amusing:

"Well...my parents told me i had to go to school, so i figured i would try this"

to people who say"

"I am sick of my career field, i want change, i want to improve myself"

It's all just to out you at ease, to make you feel more comfortable to help you through the transition

·
Registered
577 Posts
That's why I don't go to crap like that. Anything that involves sitting in a circle is usually bad. I'm surpized they didn't make you sing "Coombaya."

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's why I don't go to crap like that. Anything that involves sitting in a circle is usually bad. I'm surpized they didn't make you sing "Coombaya."
yeah, me too.

Actually Rob, only 2 are say 20 years old and the rest are my age.
It is one thing for the councilors to talk like that, that is sick enough but when everyone else does it, just ewww!
I feel like I am in a cult or something. Oh and one young man is from a bible school and cadets, he really makes me want to hurl.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Maybe nex time you will make lanyards. :D

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
so you're basically bitching because people are being too nice?

If that were my biggest complaint of the day, i'd be pretty damn happy.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you're basically bitching because people are being too nice?
If that were my biggest complaint of the day, i'd be pretty damn happy.
In a nut shell, yes.
But you have to understand, that is soooo alien to me. It is way too "Leave it to Beaver" for me. At least I'm not actually calling them freaks, which is how I see them all. I just hope they don't rub off on me, I would hate it if in a month I told a noob who just threw a temper tantrum that
"hey I understand, it is ok and I'm sorry if I offended you"
instead of my normal response to a moronic statement.

But then again, my other resolution was to be nicer to stupid people, so maybe I can find some common ground and later we could all get together to hug and rub dinks while being supportive of john doe because his latee` was too cold and thelma just dumped him and...:uke::goodfinge.......or maybe not :goodfinge

I think I may have a ways to go.:toothless

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
so now they're freaks because they show compassion and are too nice???

Do you randomly yell at kids to get off your damn lawn??

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
they don't sound like they'd make it in the world i live in.... don't drink any kool-aid while with this group.... there is being nice and resonable and logical... and then there is being so nice and blah that you get your ass handed to you by someone with some gumption in the same field as you

.... and it's my lawn... not theirs to play on

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
they wouldn't. they're not in your world. they're counselors. they're paid to show compassion to people and help them find work. As much as they wouldn't make it in your world, you probably have a slim chance of making it in theirs.

Regardless of how stupid someone is, how ignorant someone is, they're paid to find them work or help them through a given situation. They have to work with you, it's their job, you don't have to work with them.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
yeah, me too.

Actually Rob, only 2 are say 20 years old and the rest are my age.
It is one thing for the councilors to talk like that, that is sick enough but when everyone else does it, just ewww!
I feel like I am in a cult or something. Oh and one young man is from a bible school and cadets, he really makes me want to hurl.

Try working in education.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
definitely have to give you credit. You have to deal with ignorant kids AND their parents who believe their kids can do no wrong.

All while keeping a smile on your face.

Some of the PTA meetings i go to i want to stand up and throttle the parents who think their kids deserve special treatment.

I love it when they start sentences with "Well my Child......"

like the world revolves around their child.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
i don't see the sense in coddling somone that is an adult attempting to change careers... be nice... absolutely... having a group hug... i don't ****in think so

edit::!!!!!!

Going in a clockwise direction with me being last, starting with the councilors everyone said how they are doing this morning and how great this experience is and how nice everyone is and how blah blah blah blah
this sounds totally reasonable and normal to do and i think i read to far into the hugging thing because of all the little vomit guys... i suspect after rereading it that they may not have actually all hugged each other after all and that waltman may just be a whiny titty cry baby:toothless...'

i still don't like kids on the lawn

carry on

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
uhm. i am going to go ahead and say they really didn't hug. He's just trying to be funny. They were more than likely being nice because it's not an easy thing to do, to just up and change careers.

<steps on Jeff's grass>

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
suck it up whiner! :goodfinge (that better?)

I had to go through a whole qtr of Interpersonal Communications while I was just coming off the DUI counseling. I know how it feels to want to shove someones "Happy Happy" 'tude right up their asses. :thumbup

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
You're looking at this all wrong...think of it as an opportunity to manipulate a bunch of rubes for you own devious amusement. :toothless

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so now they're freaks because they show compassion and are too nice???

Do you randomly yell at kids to get off your damn lawn??
Yes they are, because in my reality people don't act that way. Only on television. Don't get me wrong nice is good, but too nice is annoying from someone I don't know and makes me want to shove my binder through their face.
they don't sound like they'd make it in the world i live in.... don't drink any kool-aid while with this group.... there is being nice and resonable and logical... and then there is being so nice and blah that you get your ass handed to you by someone with some gumption in the same field as you

.... and it's my lawn... not theirs to play on
:beer:chili:
they wouldn't. they're not in your world. they're counselors. they're paid to show compassion to people and help them find work. As much as they wouldn't make it in your world, you probably have a slim chance of making it in theirs.

Regardless of how stupid someone is, how ignorant someone is, they're paid to find them work or help them through a given situation. They have to work with you, it's their job, you don't have to work with them.
You misunderstand. Yes the councilors act like that and I can accept that with a grain of salt, but it is all these other people that are starting this "adventure" into the unknown with me who are acting just like the councilors. I don't personally know anyone who acts like that.
I would if it were adults.
i don't see the sense in coddling somone that is an adult attempting to change careers... be nice... absolutely... having a group hug... i don't ****in think so

edit::!!!!!!

this sounds totally reasonable and normal to do and i think i read to far into the hugging thing because of all the little vomit guys... i suspect after rereading it that they may not have actually all hugged each other after all and that waltman may just be a whiny titty cry baby:toothless...'

i still don't like kids on the lawn

carry on
Ok I thought you were cool and now...well, I'm just disappointed now Jeff. But the lawn thing is your redemption:thumbup
uhm. i am going to go ahead and say they really didn't hug. He's just trying to be funny. They were more than likely being nice because it's not an easy thing to do, to just up and change careers.

<steps on Jeff's grass>
yeah, I felt as if a group hug was imminent. But I was being nice too, I just didn't convey the possibility of a hug after my speech.
I think Waltman is actually Trace Adkins.
I don't know what you mean by that, so I don't know how to take that.
suck it up whiner! :goodfinge (that better?)

I had to go through a whole qtr of Interpersonal Communications while I was just coming off the DUI counseling. I know how it feels to want to shove someones "Happy Happy" 'tude right up their asses. :thumbup
That is better you beeeoch:goodfinge. ****en ay, a man who totally understands.:thumbup:beer:chili:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts