Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, i see theres brackets available but who is actually buying them?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Are those the ones rock crawlers mount on the frame and such under the truck? Eiber has about half a dozen under his crawler 4runner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are the lights usually mounted on or near the pillar that illuminate the sides where the Edge of the headlight beams stop where the ditch would be. Hence ditch lights lol. Thats what ive always known them as

·
Registered
1993 F150 XLT 302 Auto 4x4 2.5" Lift on 32's
97 Posts
I'm running ditch lights on my truck. Not sold on getting a light bar for the roof or windshield yet. My ditch lights have side lights to boot so I can actually see the sides. The grill and bumper lights work great with these ditch lights, seeing they throw light out in front and I would not be able to see the sides.

Off road I have no issue now with seeing the sides. I'm running Rigid 262213 led lights for my ditch lights.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running ditch lights on my truck. Not sold on getting a light bar for the roof or windshield yet. My ditch lights have side lights to boot so I can actually see the sides. The grill and bumper lights work great with these ditch lights, seeing they throw light out in front and I would not be able to see the sides.

Off road I have no issue now with seeing the sides. I'm running Rigid 262213 led lights for my ditch lights.
pics?

·
Super Moderator
25,788 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,970 Posts
Ive got a few unity spotlights on a shelf if that counts. They are the ones on cop car A-pillars.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,739 Posts
Ive got a few unity spotlights on a shelf if that counts. They are the ones on cop car A-pillars.
Had one of them on my Ramcharger (pardon my language) the hole was a PITA to drill. Out here we run “coon lights”!!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it frownd upon to put these on our trucks, see plenty on jeeps and yotas.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,443 Posts
The bolt between the hood and latch. Love em on my 19'

These 100w lights are BALLER and cheap.

·
Registered
97 Posts
do they bolt to the hood or fender?
These bolt to the fender which bolts to the top of the inner engine compartment wall. Remove two bolts holding the fender and install

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pics...Work got to me, got home late

Might be a F150 though we have lots familar with our vehicles. As you see in one pic I can still move my lights over a half inch if I want

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is it frownd upon to put these on our trucks, see plenty on jeeps and yotas.
I know now one who thinks this or says, matter of fact I know or seen no one (where I am) who ever mounted these to their Fords. The way I see it is, lots don't really know the benefit of having these. Its not just for looks or some "jeep thing". Having a light bar mounted to your windshield looks cool or good or having a light rack behind the cab (old school - which I like) these have their weakness with seeing traffic lights, height issues, and attention getter. What I just mention is a grouping of both not singling out one.

Right now I feel these (ditch lights) are better then the light racks or bars. Yes, I would still want one though these work as intended and needed.

No, I get no "blinding glare" when using these at night and I even have side emitting LEDs with the ditch lights on my truck.

Before the lights would shoot out some odd feet in front without lighting up the sides. The amount of travel these light have is great (I buy Rigid though like KC too), just I'd see nothing on the immediate sides. Now, its a big difference going off road at night.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Baja Design LP4 would be perfect for this.

Ditch lights are not a bad thing if the right light is used. Hey it sure as hell ain't as bad as these Carolina Squatters we have rolling around here. WTF. Makes me want drive up to the front of one with the push bar and flip it on it's back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts