Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
not a bad start john. Now, just keep practicing, save your pennies, and with a better welder, you'll be doing much better welding on future projects

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
just remember, your grinder is your friend. plus if you dont take pics of your mistakes, you never really made them... :thumbup my radius arms have nice welds & you can see that i got into the 1/2" as well as the arm itself. i hate to practice, but before i start i alway do 2-3 rods on some scrap just to get the feel again. AXE

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dave---thanks :thumbup

axe---this is the first welder i have ever had and i am trying little things right now..

with installing gas lines we have scrape all in the yard hat i can have so :thumbup

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
not a bad start...i spent my weekend building some sliders and working on a rear bumper for a buddys ranger which should look pretty cool when its done.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
yes sunday is better for me....I gota work on saterday, god I hate that crap.

maybe a milder trail this time, I have no t-case skid and Im still fixing from terminator. I got my new heilms in and no more clunking! yeah Im looking forward to replacing those every 6k!:banghead

how about FR-42? I know know the 94 could get through there without much trouble ratzo.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Dustin said:
maybe a milder trail this time, I have no t-case skid and Im still fixing from terminator.

how about FR-42? I know know the 94 could get through there without much trouble ratzo.
I haven't fixed my steering box leak eigther. Can you get me seal?

I think I have a stock skid plate you can have to tide you over until you get off you lazy butt and build a real one. If you are up to it we can meet at Doug's place, swap on the skid plate and run a trail out east. There's a lot of stuff a clean, stock rig can do with out getting banged up and some optional stuff on the same trails we can do. The weather out by Sawarro lake (like I can spell it) should be nice.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
you want to drive that thing with hardly an p/s? you finger out what the deal was? I will check on the seal for you tomarrow, I think we stock them.

I got my skid already off, since I was planning on building one. I even went to steel yard to pick up some tube and looked for some metal for a skid, couldnt find any scrape big enough and I sure as hell wasent buying a full sheet. oh and I need to put the top back on too, I dont want huge ass holes in the roof, I should be abel to so that on weds and thurs since im off work.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Man...Do you ever work...other than times every body else has fee to wheel?

I'll trade you jobs. I was working at 6am and am still gigin' now. The show crew call for tomorrow is at 7am. I hope I can get out of here soon.:cry

So do you want the stock plate or not? We could gusset it before we put it on. It would be better then nothing for now.:shrug

The steering returned to normal by the time I got home.:banghead But the box still leaks a bit. The leak isn't horable but I know it's there and will only get worse. So I have to fix it.:mad:

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
well the way its going I need another job to make any money:( I dont know what it is but its been slow for a very long time and is not getting any better

if we end up going I would want your stock plate just for something to put on there, if not I wont worry about it since I will build one soon.

·
0 Posts
So when we going wheelin?

I was out at bartlett lake on sunday, did i already miss this?

BTW, out near bartlett there is some cool ass canyon runs back down to the verde. My rig is just "photogenic". Come see it in person and you can find tons of dirt underneath it.

:thumbup

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
no we are talking about this sunday....

there is alot of cool stuff do do out by barlett, where where you at taco? FR-42? or did you go in at indian springs wash? how high is the water level at the lake? when its low there is even more stuff to play on

·
0 Posts
The lake was down about 10 feet. I spent the day on a competition wake boarding boat. Fun times. But, i got a good look at the camping areas on the northwest side of the lake from the water. Looked like fun wheelin.

Also, as you turn off carefree highway to head towards bartlett, you pass through a wash area. Which takes you to waterfalls on the north side, and the lower verde on the south through some trees and and a canyon. There is tons of cool wheeling out by the verde. We used to call it "needle rock" or castle rock.

·
Registered
409 Posts
HMMMMMMMMM...............

Gearrat off-roading and Littleone off-shopping. I can handle that.

But the first LARGE dent that shows up in my Bronco I am holding all of you hostage and taking parts off your Broncos to fix mine.

Enjoy guys

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
littleone said:
But the first LARGE dent that shows up in my Bronco
Exactly how big is a "large" dent...it's usually a matter of perspective. My truck has a great paint job...from about 150 yards away. Plus as long as we don't scratch the hood, you'll never see it while driving.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts