Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so latley I've been pulling an EGR valve code, and a code saying that something is up with the tranny so to check a wiring harness. I replaced the harness/EGR still get the engine light. so I went to go run the codes and both scanners i've used say "vehicle not responding" WTF is going on?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
You clear the codes from the computer after you fixed it?
Try getting codes without a reader :goodfinge you can count right :confused: :goodfinge

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did that already. I own the two scanners so thats why I used them. just seems weird that two differnt scanners would say the same thing. specially when I just pulled the codes with the same scanners last week.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Unhooking the battery for 5 minutes probably won't reset the computer, try unhooking it for 30-45 minutes.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a computer shouldnt need any longer than 15 minutes to reset tops, and thats on a GM car. Im pretty familiar with this stuff from having my formula and having to get the computer programed with that one. SO this one is driving me nuts cuz I cant figure it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
is your tranny AOD or E4OD? I got that same code on one of mine awhile back, and it ended up being that my torque converter clutch or something like that went tits up. basically something in the tranny was causing it. Oh mine was an E40d
Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah it could be the trans command module. is it acting like it is going to die when you stop at a light, and seem like it is going to choke out when you take off?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you check to see if egr was working or carboned up? I doubt you would have to leave the battery disconnected for 30 min. (just my 02). As far as trans concerned did you check to see if you had a good ground for the harness? Some times they get coroded and give a screwwy code.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no it runs/shift awesome. thats why im so confused lol. it runs great cept for the fact it's running rich.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man that sounds like one of those computer Gremlins to me. I had the "emissions" light burning on my 85 351 h.o. The ol gurl was running fine, so I just pulled the bulb. Ignorance can be bliss at times. Good luck at any rate.:banghead :banghead :banghead WHAT WALL??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts