Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a ford dana 44 housing complete hub to hub. I am trying to make it into eight lug. I have a 3/4 ton chevy dana 44 housing also complete hub to hub. can I make this work with what I have or do need additional stuff.... I know this is kinda a stupid question but my brain is fried and I am stuck in the middle of this darn thing... Thanx again for any help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt....please help

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
If you have the 8 lug axle its easy. Just take everything from the ball joints out and put it on your Ford axle.
Swap across the nuckle, spindle, caliper bracket, caliper, rotor, hub, bearings, lock-out, and the outer axle shaft. Ball joints and U-joints are the same between the two axles.

I did the same thing with my D44, but I used Dodge parts to get the 8 lug set up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much mike.....Thats what I thought and have since realized... sorry for putting this in the emergancy threads...but I was fried and running out of time.... thanks again... Jeremy

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
psygn0sis said:
Engine Dyno..... am I right ?

Sorry for the hyjack..
No, its just a recording of a pulling truck warming up. 1966 Kenworth with a 12-71 Detroit V12 two stroke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts