Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of 79 D60s. i need special wrenches for each to take them apart. i got one for the D44, it has 4 pins. i think the front D60 has 6 pins but if anybody has a part number for the 79 D60 RC/RR hub socket hook me up. and mostly, what about the one for the rear D60 that according to the Haynes is a rounded edge hex nut called the bearing locknut. i checked at the Spicer place and they had 2 sizes. they didnt know for sure which is which. once i tear down i cant go get. any suggestions or links would be appreciated. sometimes i can find a few on ebay, but not now. thanks.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the rear D60 is 2 9/16" rounded edge socket, still need the front D60 socket info...

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
i had to go to a semi truck parts store to find mine. the local autozone/advanced auto didnt have them.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I got mine at CarQuest

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the guy in the truck parts store looked it up & they had them in stock but the book showed 2 parts numbers & no way to designate. plus i guess you have never heard of the troubles with the local parts stores & the half wits, wait... 1/8 wits they have here in the stores. i still need to know if anyone has a 79 D60 & if the socket has 4 pins like the 44 one or 6 pins?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts