Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to trade for another toy or I'd take 5500.00 cash.
It's a '83 and had a blown up 304 when I bought it. I put in a 360 from a wagoneer and it runs great. It has a 999 automatic and dana 300. Full roll cage, and the soft top is in good shape. I just bought some 35x12.50"s for it, but they're not on it in the pictures. It has a new 4" spring lift and polyurothane bushings though out. It has lots of chrome add ons, and a new (very tight) steering column. Custom rear bumper and modified front bumper. I don't know what gears are in it. I'm down for trades (tow rig, fast toys, damn near anything of interest/ equal value). It's dirty in the pics and the fender flares aren't on it. The flares are now installed. Sorry about the old pics, but the Jeep is currently snowed in at a friends shop.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it has a 30 front and a 20 rear. The Jeep is still for sale, but the rearend locked up yesterday at 40 mph......it was pretty scary. I'll have a new rear axle in this weekend. Also it has a turbo 400 tranny, not a 999. If it doesn't sell soon, I'm just gonna keep it. It's really alot of fun to drive around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
looking for 35inch tires

I notice in your ad that you had some 35's would you be interested in selling the ones on the jeep or the ones you just bought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
STUPID said:
Yes it has a 30 front and a 20 rear. The Jeep is still for sale, but the rearend locked up yesterday at 40 mph......it was pretty scary. I'll have a new rear axle in this weekend. Also it has a turbo 400 tranny, not a 999. If it doesn't sell soon, I'm just gonna keep it. It's really alot of fun to drive around.
IIRC, the TF999 was the only auto offered during that time period, so the T400 would be a swap also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
joelb23 said:
IIRC, the TF999 was the only auto offered during that time period, so the T400 would be a swap also.
Yep, good thing too. I'd rather have the 400 anyday. I'll be wrenching on this bitch all weekend. I'm at the point I really don't care if it sells, it's growing on me. Sorry I don't have any tires for sale either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
I miss my cj-5. I always wanted to swap an auto, but never got around to it. Do you have any issues with the front driveshaft rubbing on the tranny when you are flexing? That was always the issue that I had heard about when putting an auto in a CJ-5, along with a really short rear driveshaft.

If you decide to keep it, I still have a full setup for power steering if you needed it. It is yours for shipping or if you are ever in this area. It came out of a 72 j20.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
joelb23 said:
I miss my cj-5. I always wanted to swap an auto, but never got around to it. Do you have any issues with the front driveshaft rubbing on the tranny when you are flexing? That was always the issue that I had heard about when putting an auto in a CJ-5, along with a really short rear driveshaft.

If you decide to keep it, I still have a full setup for power steering if you needed it. It is yours for shipping or if you are ever in this area. It came out of a 72 j20.
Thanks for the offer, but it's got good power steering already. I got so much jeep crap right now, you'd never know I was a FoMoCo guy:thumbup Thanks again for the offer though. I don't know about the front driveshaft issues, this is a pavement princess. That rear drive shaft is only like a foot long, you could damn near bolt the transfer case to the diff. :toothless
 

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Joined
·
37,580 Posts
what kinda mileage you gettin' outta that thing? I'm bored with my P-Yota.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got no clue on the mpg, prolly around 15 w/ the 2 barrel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Hey,

I've got a sandrail with a 4.3 chevy mid engine I'm looking to sell or trade.
Interested???? It's very fast and alot of fun. It's even street legal.I've got over 6 thousand in it. But not really any place close to me to run it. I'm in Montana. I built it when I was in New Mexico.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dozer59044 said:
Hey,

I've got a sandrail with a 4.3 chevy mid engine I'm looking to sell or trade.
Interested???? It's very fast and alot of fun. It's even street legal.I've got over 6 thousand in it. But not really any place close to me to run it. I'm in Montana. I built it when I was in New Mexico.
Shoot me some pics, but you'd have to come to OK. I recently started a new job, and there's no way I can get off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
I'll try to get you some pics today.
How far are you from ok city?
I was posted at fort sill for a little while. Is that close to you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dozer59044 said:
I'll try to get you some pics today.
How far are you from ok city?
I was posted at fort sill for a little while. Is that close to you?
I'm three hours east of OKC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
I've got pics. how can I get them to you?
I'm not allowed to do attahments in this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
I sent you the pics via email. Let me know if you get them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone else want a crack at this thing? I found a new toy, but this has to go first! I've recently added moser one piece axles and a detroit locker in the rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
So did you get the pics of the sandrail??????
I would appreciate a reply.
Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top