Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 3g alternator. I am confused on what to do with the wiring from the old one and how to possibly hook it up to the new alternator.

The wires from the bottom of the pic come from the alt. it was 2 wires then split to 4 wires the yellow ones. The top black wire w/orange goes to the solenoid. But what the heck is the thing the yellow and orange wires go to?

Didnt see any setups for a 82 bronco or pics. I do better with pics.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fireguy. Looked at your diagrams before, but now they kinda make sense lol. Question is can I take the LG/R wire from the 3g and splice it to the LG/R wire to the hot in run? Also an I take the big yellow wire that goes to the headlight/ignition and put it the + side of the battery? And the bridge lookin thing, in your 3g diagram, that encompasses the y/grn, r/o, lg/r and yellow wire what is that?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
can I take the LG/R wire from the 3g and splice it to the LG/R wire to the hot in run?
yes
can I take the big yellow wire that goes to the headlight/ignition and put it the + side of the battery?
yes
And the bridge lookin thing, in your 3g diagram, that encompasses the y/grn, r/o, lg/r and yellow wire what is that?
Its for the AMP meter in the dash, but you don't want to use that with the new alternator

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a miracle I got it wired up and everything works like normal :toothless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts