Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into an old family friend, Dale McCue at the grocery store tonight. His father and mine raced together back in the 70's. His father's car is in the picture below. It was a very cool encounter, because I've been thinking alot lately about contacting him to see if he would be interested in racing the 1000 with me in the future. Turns out he raced the last 500 on a motorcycle and is working towards the 1k with his son. Dale's father passed away a few years ago, so it was a bit of an emotional moment as we considered racing together in tribute to our fathers. I'm getting goosebumps just sitting here and visualizing us crossing the finishline, looking at each other and saying "Man! We did it!". Somehow, some way this has got to happen. It's like my version of landing on the moon. It's the ultimate personal achievement and I've got to do it while my father is still alive.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the good words fellas. It's very exciting when I realize that this is a very real possibility. It's all in the head. Conceive, believe, achieve.

....now does anybody have a 100k I can borrow? Ha!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Just go class 11, you can be ready for the 500!

You know what would be cool? If we could get an fsb team together, and share the expence.

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
Thanks for the good words fellas. It's very exciting when I realize that this is a very real possibility. It's all in the head. Conceive, believe, achieve.

....now does anybody have a 100k I can borrow? Ha!
Sorry B...I already owe Nick $45,000 for a race truck....:histerica

but seriously...I would also love to help out in the pits.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
5000+ active FSB members. $20+ donation each. Hhmmmmmmm. Hey Joe I got a proposition for ya!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Brian,

Whatever happen to that racer? I think it deserves it's only thread. And like the rest said, I'll chase and pit for you as well.

Chris

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brian,

Whatever happen to that racer? I think it deserves it's only thread. And like the rest said, I'll chase and pit for you as well.

Chris
Likewise Chris. I would rather be competing against you though. As far as the car, I had a thread around here somewhere about it. Maybe I'll revive it.

EDIT: Here it is I'll post the other couple of picture in the first post on this page.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Thanks for the link Brian and as far as racing, if the stars align and my bank account isn't completely empty I should be on schedule for early next year. I know what you mean about racing, it's my ultimate goal as well. It's one of those things on my hit list and I have to say it's at the top for personal goals. And I can't wait to be sporting my Yikes Fabrication sticker on the side of my Class 3, I can promise you that.

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts