Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been a member of the site for a year but i recently purchased a new bronco and wanted to introduce it. Its a 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8 manual 4x4 208k miles. Not sure what transmission but probably e4od right? The truck needs paint and a whole lot of other work but its a secondary vehicle so ill bring it up slowly. When i purchased the truck, it had high idle and jumped when shifting gears. I bought the obd1 ford tool and got the tps code. I replaced that and cleaned the so so dirty throttle body. Unfortunately, something with the starter went out and it wouldn't start, i had to manually start it at the solenoid. Once it did start, the idle was back to normal and no jumping when putting into gear. The code went away. I was very pleased and wil move onto the starting issue. I think 2500-3k will get this bronco back in really good shape cosmetically and mechanically. Cooling system is rusted so ill be cleaning that out and installing an electric fan (AZ heat). Overall the truck seems good and will be a nice project.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts
Yo Abraham,
Congratulations on acquiring a great looking 94!
As you're likely aware, find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

1994 Bronco Brochure, Partial; Cover & Page 3; plus pics of EDDIE BAUER model accessories.
by BigRob at 1994 Ford Bronco Bronco Accessories pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Try to find time to participate in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts