Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
What?
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this a dana 60? its in the front i know how to check but its too muddy and wet and i dont want to crawl under and look. so srry for my lazyness and stupidity but is this a dana 60 because it looks exactly like my rear one.
:banghead

·
Billdo
2,191 Posts
looks to small man, easiest way to tell is, is it king pin or ball joint?

king pin = d60
bj = d44

assuming its 78-79

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
if youre too lazy to crawl under the truck to look, who took the pics of the diff?:doh0715:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'm gonna say D44HD... small axle tubes, 8-lug, smaller diff...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Do you know what kind of truck you drive?

if so.....
POST SOME INFO!!!

It will help us alot, or are you too lazy for that too?:toothless

·
Banned
495 Posts
take a picture of the knuckle area if you want some real help, but by the looks of the shock on the front being almost as large as the axle tube i would have to say DANA 44 too

Ray

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
i would have to say that's a 44 because that year the crewcabs only came with the Dana 60, so most likely it is a Dana 44, take a picture of the knuckle

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Heeeeeey....

Isn't that one of those extra-long wheelbase trucks that have the rear wheel towards the end of the bed (Super Trailer Special or something like that)? Post up some pics of the whole thing :toothless

I don't know too terribly much about the pre '78 trucks...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Its a closed knuckle Dana44, it doesn't have ball joints has drum brakes and is low pinion. I had a 74 highboy just like it. Mine had a big hydro assist ram on it that I threw in the trash because nobody sold any parts for the steering system. So I mounted a 79 F250 steering box on it. That mod made the truck so much nicer.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Actually there is a company that makes a replacement "kit" New ram gear box column steering shaft...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts