Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
20k...

Just think how dumb the guy in the mustang next to me at the light would feel 2 blocks down the road....DAMN.

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
Holy shit! Is there a company that makes new 427 Cammers? Or are those original engines?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its straight from the FoMoCo.

Ford's Single Overhead Cam (SOHC) 427 was based on the standard 427 FE side-oiler block, with a unique set of heads and a dummy cam stub in the usual position to drive a second timing chain 6-7 feet in length to spin the two overhead cams. Available over the counter from Ford for US$2,500, it made 616bhp @ 7500 with one or 658 bhp @ 7500 with two 780 vac-secs. A gilmer belt drive setup was offered by the aftermarket which solved the stretching problems associated with so much chain.....

More info and pics CLICKY

·
Super Moderator
14,720 Posts
Very bad ass...but one thing, $20K = 0 bids...= :cry ebay seller. If you can buy one new from FoMoCo, with warranty why would you buy from this dude..

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i saw in a ford magazine a couple of years back a maverick with a cammer in it, that was an interesting site! that thing belongs in a bronco, lower it about 2 inches, put a 9 inch in the rear, tub the wheelwells, add some slicks, and then launch it in 4wd and shift into 2wd once you have the traction you need, that would be a fun ride!

wes

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wes 03 said:
that thing belongs in a bronco, lower it about 2 inches, put a 9 inch in the rear, tub the wheelwells, add some slicks, and then launch it in 4wd and shift into 2wd.....

:twak

That 427 belongs in something old skool. Like a street rod '56 Effie, THAT is cool. Saw one at the Supernats one year and was in the right place at the right time when he fired it up. Very cool. :thumbup

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
20 grand is cheap for a cammer. Those engines rock. My uncles bought one back in the late 60's for their 67 fastback that they raced. But they sold the car! AHHHHH!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts