Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha that thing would steer it self wherever it wanted when it hit a bump

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Nice looking, wondering what the wheel base is? and does the 302 have enough to pull itself with no problem, guess I'm asking if you know the horsepower of the motor, is there anything in the back of the truck? one more whats it like at highway speed, or havn't you takin it out like that? thanks alot for answering my questions, anything further you can tell would be greatly appreciated, maybe bottom dollar also thanks Jan-16-08
A: The wheel base is 102", HP w/ just motor is around 400, w/ NOS its around 525. she gets out of the hole good. As for highway speed, its never been "on the road" it only has a 3spd tranny, plus its been trailered everywhere. If you have any further Q's email me and I will give you a number to reach me at.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
this may be a nooblicious comment, but are those black bars in front of the springs some sort of anti-sway system or what?

·
Registered
980 Posts
this may be a nooblicious comment, but are those black bars in front of the springs some sort of anti-sway system or what?

Yes they are sway bar links. Though the bar looks kind of small considering the height of the truck.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Ahh, the old track bar drag link "X" trick. One of the most dificult blunders to pull off.

Lets see here.

Expensive looking heims and tubing, check.

Expensive axles with high steer, check.

Expensive looking king resivour coil over shocks, check.

4 Wheel Disc, check.

Nose blead altitude, check.

Details like limiting straps, check.

Absolutly no understanding of track bar/drag link geometry, check

Brightly painted components so they can be seen well, check

I give this truck an 8 out of 8 on the Scary Steering scale :thumbup

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
Ahh, the old track bar drag link "X" trick. One of the most dificult blunders to pull off.

Lets see here.

Expensive looking heims and tubing, check.

Expensive axles with high steer, check.

Expensive looking king resivour coil over shocks, check.

4 Wheel Disc, check.

Nose blead altitude, check.

Details like limiting straps, check.

Absolutly no understanding of track bar/drag link geometry, check

Brightly painted components so they can be seen well, check

I give this truck an 8 out of 8 on the Scary Steering scale :thumbup
sorry, i must disagree with your rating.
billet parts, stock velveteen seats and 15k asking price knock this one up to a niner. yes, i said niner.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Its actally not that bad besides the trac bar and drag link deal.the fab work seems pretty solid.It would make an awesome mudbogger. and it obviously isnt buit to be street driven

If it were mine i would lower 8 or 9 inches convert to Full hydro doing away with the superdrp pitman and kingpin arms

1 - 20 of 32 Posts